Scott County 71 Mason County 64

Mason County has to shoot FT better especially in the clutch to win these types of games. If Mason made FT at a higher percentage, they would be undefeated. Pawsat took a vicious intentional elbow under the basket in the second qtr on a three point shot. Pawsat is a football player and one of the toughest players in the 10 region, was basically knocked out and was down for several minutes. Mason lost Setty on fouls about the in the fourth qtr after a tussell with Phares which should have been a double foul at best. There were 9 fouls called on Scott in the first qtr and one on Mason. Then for the rest of the game, ten called on Scott and twenty on Mason. Just giving you some observations on the game but if Mason would have hit FT they should would have made if tough on Scott Co. I am very proud to be a Royal fan as they never quit which they could have very easily. Not bad for a team that did not even make the BGP top twenty!!!!!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or was it Billy Hicks?

Billy was relatively subdued last night.

Congrats to the Royals; they played their hearts out and showed that the cupboard isn't bare in Maysville. With all the odds stacked against them - especially with Pawsat literally knocked out of the game; they stood toe-to-toe with Scott County for 31 minutes. No telling what the outcome would have been if he hadn't taken the wicked elbow to the head in the second quarter.

Huge game for Middleton (obviously) with 31. Jordan Gilbert impresses me more each time he takes the court. Phil Barner is light years ahead of where he was last year. Setty had maybe his best game of the year. Downing is a warrior - losing him and Setty (his 5th, called against Phares when they were both basically handfighting for position was a dagger) to fouls late was the final nail in the coffin; along with the Royals seeming to lose their legs after the stoppage in play late in the game.

Congrats to Scott County on pulling out the win. Jackson was the difference late; and Guyn had almost all of his points in the final quarter.

Someone asked about Euton; he wasn't much of a factor in this one. Five points; had difficulty creating his shot and got beat on the defensive end several times.

Great atmosphere for a game featuring the Commonwealth's last two champions!

I am sure Mason county fans are disappointed with the loss, but that was clearly a great effort against a quality opponent at a tough place to play.:thumb:

Yes on both counts. Every so often on the way home, somebody would say something like, "daggone it, we let that one get away from us", followed up by something like, "but we sure played out butts off and gave 'em a scare."

This game alone makes me like the Royals' chances in the 10th even more. Held Scott County to 62 points in 31 minutes; without a key defensive stopper for much of the game.

Billy was relatively subdued last night.

Congrats to the Royals; they played their hearts out and showed that the cupboard isn't bare in Maysville. With all the odds stacked against them - especially with Pawsat literally knocked out of the game; they stood toe-to-toe with Scott County for 31 minutes. No telling what the outcome would have been if he hadn't taken the wicked elbow to the head in the second quarter.

Huge game for Middleton (obviously) with 31. Jordan Gilbert impresses me more each time he takes the court. Phil Barner is light years ahead of where he was last year. Setty had maybe his best game of the year. Downing is a warrior - losing him and Setty (his 5th, called against Phares when they were both basically handfighting for position was a dagger) to fouls late was the final nail in the coffin; along with the Royals seeming to lose their legs after the stoppage in play late in the game.

Congrats to Scott County on pulling out the win. Jackson was the difference late; and Guyn had almost all of his points in the final quarter.

Someone asked about Euton; he wasn't much of a factor in this one. Five points; had difficulty creating his shot and got beat on the defensive end several times.

Great atmosphere for a game featuring the Commonwealth's last two champions!

How tall is the Gilbert kid now? How did the JV game turn out,any stats?

How tall is the Gilbert kid now? How did the JV game turn out,any stats?

I'd say Gilbert is arounf 5'9" or 5'10". Strictly a guess.

JV game went to OT, With Scott County winning something like 51-46. No idea on the stats.

Great game, but I think Scott County just wasn't in this game mentally. I think it was more of them beating themselves then anything Mason Co. did. But give the Royals credit, they played hard and, IMO, they made themselves the favorite for the 10th Region.

Great game, but I think Scott County just wasn't in this game mentally. I think it was more of them beating themselves then anything Mason Co. did. But give the Royals credit, they played hard and, IMO, they made themselves the favorite for the 10th Region.

This is an excuse. If you don't get up for the defending state champions coming into your house to play then you don't get up for any game.

This is an excuse. If you don't get up for the defending state champions coming into your house to play then you don't get up for any game.

I agree. I think that Mason Co right now is playing on par with Scott Co or maybe a little better. Middleton was by far the best player on the floor that night. Scott Co played scared and play too much individual ball. They were very lucky to win.:ylsuper:

If Mason Co isn't the best team in the region at this point they are right on GRC heels.

If the fan doesn't go down. Russ sinks these 2 free throws and game over.

But it didn't happen that way. Mason Co played great. If you would have told me that Mason Co would be up 2 with around 1:06 to play and Pawsat wouldn't play any of the 2nd half I would have loved to take this. This IMO is a big boost to Mason Co showing they can play and almost beat the best team in the state.

When did they play Holmes? :sssh:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13