Florida 24 Oklahoma 14

saint4

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only bad thing about this game was Tom Brennamen's extreme man crush- I have literally never heard anything like it:

"If you spend 5 or 20 minutes with Tim Tebow, you are a better person"

"Unquestionably the greatest football player and leader in America"

"Is that penalty the first thing that he has ever done in his life?"

I mean, I like Tebow, but that is ridiculous. I think that Brennamen broke the 6th commandment solely through his words.

:thumb:

When he said that penalty may be the first thing Tebow has ever done wrong, I was waiting for the announcement that Tebow would be crucified after the game so the world could have forgiveness of their sin. :D

I didn't think the'd hold them quite that low, but I did think they'd keep them below 24. Florida's speed is solid.

To be honest, I was more surprised that OU's defense held Florida to 24 than vice versa...

To be honest, I was more surprised that OU's defense held Florida to 24 than vice versa...

I didn't either, honestly my head had the scored being about 31-17. Was a better game than I thought it would be, but regardless still the same outcome, which in my mind is the bottom line. BTW, had time not been so low in that last possession I'm pretty confident that it could've easily been 31-14.

I know the announcers were a little over the top in their praise of Tebow, but I felt like he really put this game on his shoulders around the mid-point of the third quarter and willed or carried (or whatever you want to call it) his team to the victory.

With the score still tied at 7, and both teams trading scoreless possessions, Tebow started to assert himself more by running the ball. At that point, Florida's offense started to move the ball much more consistently and the Sooners struggled to stop them from that point on. He is a great, great college football player...if he returns for his senior season and plays well, he could go down as the greatest college football player ever.

I know the announcers were a little over the top in their praise of Tebow, but I felt like he really put this game on his shoulders around the mid-point of the third quarter and willed or carried (or whatever you want to call it) his team to the victory.

With the score still tied at 7, and both teams trading scoreless possessions, Tebow started to assert himself more by running the ball. At that point, Florida's offense started to move the ball much more consistently and the Sooners struggled to stop them from that point on. He is a great, great college football player...if he returns for his senior season and plays well, he could go down as the greatest college football player ever.

In the press conference after the game Tebow mentioned he told the offensive coordinator at the half that he wanted to run the ball more. He really stepped up big time there in the 3rd and the late drive in the 4th quarter. The difference of the game was Florida made the big plays, OU didn't.

BTW, had time not been so low in that last possession I'm pretty confident that it could've easily been 31-14.

My thoughts, as well.

I love Tebow. He's great. And don't get me wrong. But what won this football game was the lock down coverage by Florida's corners along the sideline, and the ability of Florida's linebackers to flow and tackle one-on-one with the OU backs in the open field. Bradford was made to look ordinary by that type of coverage, and THAT is how Florida's offense was permitted to wear OU's D down over the course of the second half.

Tebow's not perfect.....he got an unsportsmanslike penalty for doing the Gator chop to an Oklahoma player.

I was impressed with both O lines in protecting their passers and especially impressed by the pass coverages of both teams. The receivers would occasionally get open but barely ....not much separation. The QB's really had to thread the needle. As usual, defense wins championships.

As Florida fan think Tebow is one of the best college players ever. Agree announcers may have went a litttle over the top. But You have to admit Tebow is a very impressive Young Man.

If Florida played Utah next weekend, what would be the outcome?

Florida by 20+. Ole Miss by 2 td's over Utah. Had Alabama's offensive line not been decimated by the suspension of Smith, and Wilson given time to pass - Tide by 2 td's over Utah. Give Saban two more years of recruiting, and depth at one or two positions will not kill Alabama.

I'm not so sure a healed up Georgia or LSU would not give Utah or Oklahoma a good game.

I would like to see the SEC cut back to playing only 6 conference games. It is really unfair for them to beat each other up the way they do and then be expected to go undefeated or lose only one game and hope to get into the title game.

Does anyone think Texas, Utah, or USC would have come away with only one loss if they had played Florida or Alabama's schedule? I don't.

Shall I be the first to say that I would have like to have seen the Utes try their hand against the Gators?

Here are my thoughts on this subject. It was a different animal in that Bama game. It was Utah's only chance and they prepared like it was their National Championship game. While Bama may have been happy to be there, they had to be upset that their chance at a perfect season and the title were gone. So Utah came in way more pumped and way more prepared. Utah is a good team but they would not beat Florida or USC for the title. Those players are better and they would be way more motivated than Bama was for the Sugar Bowl. USC on the other hand would be a great and 1 game. USC got jobbed b/c everyone thought the B12 was so good and the Pac-10 wasn't. It now looks like USC should have been given a chance. OU and the B12 just weren't on the same level as Florida.