Mick Cronin

Latch

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full control of for a couple years? :lol:

Year 1: Got the job in late March with ONE player on the roster. It was a chore to even field a team.

Year 2: With only one full recruiting cycle he gets in on some big names, but they pick established programs that were recruiting them longer. Still manages to get some talent, but it's 6 four year guys that aren't the type to step in right away and do much. Foundation guys that are now being asked to play heavy minutes before they are really ready for it.

Year 3: Gates. Wright. Dixon. Full recruiting cycle produces much better talent, but Wright goes down and there is not a PG. Tried to land several but Walker goes to UConn, Maze to UT and Holloway isn't interested after they get Wright. Varez Ward decommits on signing day and goes to Texas. Again this is the first full recruiting cycle for Mick and his staff and they got major talent.

Why were the first two years so tough? There was no one recruiting for UC for 18 months, so when he got here he had no one in the pipeline to even go after and salvage like a Gillispie did with Patterson.

Not sure how many times I have to say it before you keep asking the same questions. The Administration knows what he has had to deal with, and he will not be on the hot seat for a while...

Why do you feel good about being arrogant and laughing? I'm a UC fan and hope that Mick does well. You are connected to the program so I ask questions. I have opinions and you laugh, why? They should be better than they were last year? Yes or no?

Why do you feel good about being arrogant and laughing? I'm a UC fan and hope that Mick does well. You are connected to the program so I ask questions. I have opinions and you laugh, why? They should be better than they were last year? Yes or no?

I'm not being arrogant and laughing. I've told you the same things a few times and I still get the same questions.

While guys like Williamson, Sikes, Gentry, Adam H and Warren were not blessed with a lot of talent, they flat out got after in their 2nd year in the program. Why in year two? It took a while to understand what type of effort it takes to get it done in the Big East.

Why is Providence a threat on any given night THIS YEAR? They have 4 SRs and a JR that have seen the beat downs first hand over the years when they didn't play as hard as possible. There isn't a magical powder you sprinkle on kids that makes them get it. Sometimes its takes a losing streak, bad beat down, series of close loses to highly ranked teams or anything else that fits the "cliche".

Take a look at a guy like Onuaku at Cuse. Dude was buried on the roster for 3 years because they had the experience and space. Last year as a RS JR he starts to make it happen and now he's a focal point of the system. Mick can't bury a guy for even one year right now given the circumstances.

It's tough for the fan base to understand, but I'm around it 6 days a week in the slow times. I'd love to see more from these guys right now, but given the stature of the league right now, it's going to be tough twice a week...

Full control of for a couple years? :lol:

Year 1: Got the job in late March with ONE player on the roster. It was a chore to even field a team.

Year 2: With only one full recruiting cycle he gets in on some big names, but they pick established programs that were recruiting them longer. Still manages to get some talent, but it's 6 four year guys that aren't the type to step in right away and do much. Foundation guys that are now being asked to play heavy minutes before they are really ready for it.

Year 3: Gates. Wright. Dixon. Full recruiting cycle produces much better talent, but Wright goes down and there is not a PG. Tried to land several but Walker goes to UConn, Maze to UT and Holloway isn't interested after they get Wright. Varez Ward decommits on signing day and goes to Texas. Again this is the first full recruiting cycle for Mick and his staff and they got major talent.

Why were the first two years so tough? There was no one recruiting for UC for 18 months, so when he got here he had no one in the pipeline to even go after and salvage like a Gillispie did with Patterson.

Not sure how many times I have to say it before you keep asking the same questions. The Administration knows what he has had to deal with, and he will not be on the hot seat for a while...

This is a very fair assessment and I've seen nothing out of Cronin to suggest that he won't get the job done if given the time. He can coach.

I'm not being arrogant and laughing. I've told you the same things a few times and I still get the same questions.

While guys like Williamson, Sikes, Gentry, Adam H and Warren were not blessed with a lot of talent, they flat out got after in their 2nd year in the program. Why in year two? It took a while to understand what type of effort it takes to get it done in the Big East.

Why is Providence a threat on any given night THIS YEAR? They have 4 SRs and a JR that have seen the beat downs first hand over the years when they didn't play as hard as possible. There isn't a magical powder you sprinkle on kids that makes them get it. Sometimes its takes a losing streak, bad beat down, series of close loses to highly ranked teams or anything else that fits the "cliche".

Take a look at a guy like Onuaku at Cuse. Dude was buried on the roster for 3 years because they had the experience and space. Last year as a RS JR he starts to make it happen and now he's a focal point of the system. Mick can't bury a guy for even one year right now given the circumstances.

It's tough for the fan base to understand, but I'm around it 6 days a week in the slow times. I'd love to see more from these guys right now, but given the stature of the league right now, it's going to be tough twice a week...

I just went back through the entire thread and not one time did I ask the same question. I asked several different questions...ie...will he be around?...are the natives getting restless...is there anyone other than Wright to help next year?...and how long does he get to put in his system?...none of them are even similar let alone the same. You laughed and it came off arrogant. I also stated that I hope he does well, is given enough time, and that I like UC. I think it's great to have someone on here close to the program that has answers. If you don't like the questions I won't ask anymore.

Good article. The reason I originally asked was b/c I have heard that some of the fans are growing more impatient. They really believed they would take a step in the right direction this year. I think Mick is the right guy for the job. I'm just not sure how much patience the fan base is showing. You're connnected so I asked questions.

Side note: If Mike Williams isn't granted the extra year the NCAA should shut down their doors that day.