Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mick Cronin

Featured Replies

He will get until this group of sophomores are finished with their senior season. If it's not turned around by then, he will be on the hot seat...

 

What would you consider turned around? Top 20 and winning the conference every year ain't gonna happen in the Big East. Unfortunately the program will be held to that standard which Hugs set while competing in CUSA. Not fair though.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a smattering of scholarship players returning

 

ONE scholarship player when he got here...

ONE scholarship player when he got here...
I knew it was three at the most, but wasn't sure of the exact number.
What would you consider turned around? Top 20 and winning the conference every year ain't gonna happen in the Big East. Unfortunately the program will be held to that standard which Hugs set while competing in CUSA. Not fair though.

 

Strongly in the hunt for a tournament bid every year. Expecting what was there in CUSA to return is silly...

What would you consider turned around? Top 20 and winning the conference every year ain't gonna happen in the Big East. Unfortunately the program will be held to that standard which Hugs set while competing in CUSA. Not fair though.
Upper half of the Big East is a fair standard of expectations ...
Upper half of the Big East is a fair standard of expectations ...

Agreed...

  • Author
He will get until this group of sophomores are finished with their senior season. If it's not turned around by then, he will be on the hot seat...

 

They need more help than Cashmere to get there. Is there any help that you see that can keep him off the hot seat? They have regressed IMO from last year which should put him firmly on the hot seat. His sohpomore class that looked promising isn't IMO and that will be his downfall. I hope I'm wrong, but as Mo Egger mentioned on his blog. If you're at home and put up the amount of points they did against Providence it is a must win. They might be one of the worst two teams in the conference right now.

I think he has done a good job, he didn't exactly walk intot he easiest of situations there. No talent, bad support from the university and having to deal with transition to the Big East.

 

I thought Cronin did the best job in the conference last year.

They need more capable scorers... I hear that the one recruit they have for next year is dropping about 40 a game in high school so maybe he can help...

They need more help than Cashmere to get there. Is there any help that you see that can keep him off the hot seat? They have regressed IMO from last year which should put him firmly on the hot seat. His sohpomore class that looked promising isn't IMO and that will be his downfall. I hope I'm wrong, but as Mo Egger mentioned on his blog. If you're at home and put up the amount of points they did against Providence it is a must win. They might be one of the worst two teams in the conference right now.

 

The sophomore class is taking time to get there, but that's not really a surprise. There were no superstar recruits in the bunch, and the two highest rated kids were more about potential than what they were coming in. Biggie and Wilks are projects, and I'd certainly hope that group is given more time than half way through their second year before we judge them. Davis and Bishop are getting better, but they are best served as role players and not starters at this point. Gates, Dixon and Wright are the building blocks for the future in terms of heavy minute guys going forward.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see two and maybe three of the sophomore class move on at the end of the year and open up some more room for Mick to reshape the roster. Kilpatrick and Thomas will improve the roster next year and I expect a JUCO PG to be added as well...

They need more capable scorers... I hear that the one recruit they have for next year is dropping about 40 a game in high school so maybe he can help...

 

Kilpatrick is doing very well at Notre Dame Prep, and he will help a lot...

Yes, he will be there. With almost a third of teams going somewhere in the postseason now, that should happen every year.

  • Author
The sophomore class is taking time to get there, but that's not really a surprise. There were no superstar recruits in the bunch, and the two highest rated kids were more about potential than what they were coming in. Biggie and Wilks are projects, and I'd certainly hope that group is given more time than half way through their second year before we judge them. Davis and Bishop are getting better, but they are best served as role players and not starters at this point. Gates, Dixon and Wright are the building blocks for the future in terms of heavy minute guys going forward.

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see two and maybe three of the sophomore class move on at the end of the year and open up some more room for Mick to reshape the roster. Kilpatrick and Thomas will improve the roster next year and I expect a JUCO PG to be added as well...

 

I agree, but you would want them going in the right direction. Do you think they are? Are any of the natives getting restless?

I agree, but you would want them going in the right direction. Do you think they are? Are any of the natives getting restless?

I think they are going in the right direction, but it's the middle of a complete rebuild and that takes time. The fan base is already a mess, so not sure how much they matter at this point. There is a segment that has wanted Mick's head from the beginning, and while they are loud the support for him is there where it counts. For those that thought it would be easy, not sure what to say. I look at it as a self imposed death penalty.

 

I was frustrated as hell last night, but at the end of the day I 100% believe he's the right guy for the job...

  • Author
I think they are going in the right direction, but it's the middle of a complete rebuild and that takes time. The fan base is already a mess, so not sure how much they matter at this point. There is a segment that has wanted Mick's head from the beginning, and while they are loud the support for him is there where it counts. For those that thought it would be easy, not sure what to say. I look at it as a self imposed death penalty.

 

I was frustrated as hell last night, but at the end of the day I 100% believe he's the right guy for the job...

 

I too think he's the right guy for the job, but I'm wondering if he'll be around much longer. They should be better than they were last year b/c he's had another year w/ all of those kids plus another class that came in. I think he needs to get it turned around this year quickly or he could be gone. I hope they do, b/c who wants to start over?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.