Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mick Cronin

Featured Replies

Good article. The reason I originally asked was b/c I have heard that some of the fans are growing more impatient. They really believed they would take a step in the right direction this year. I think Mick is the right guy for the job. I'm just not sure how much patience the fan base is showing. You're connnected so I asked questions.

 

Side note: If Mike Williams isn't granted the extra year the NCAA should shut down their doors that day.

From my experiences the portion of the fan base that's impatient is the same group still holding on to the past for dear life...

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
From my experiences the portion of the fan base that's impatient is the same group still holding on to the past for dear life...

 

That's why I asked. I've heard otherwise, but you are more connected.

Not my style. I dislike Seth Greenburg as a coach, but I'm sure he's a great guy...

 

So I assume you dislike Devandorf as a player, but feel he's a swell guy as well....

So I assume you dislike Devandorf as a player, but feel he's a swell guy as well....

I've met and interviewed Devendorf. He didn't seem like too bad of a guy. Just hate watching him play basketball...

I've met and interviewed Devendorf. He didn't seem like too bad of a guy. Just hate watching him play basketball...

 

Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure you were being consistent....:D

I readily admitted I didn't have anything but a gut feel to base it on.

 

However, I bet I'm right.

 

You're telling me there are people you don't "like" even though you've never dealt with them?

I can see what you are saying Clyde...and he is considered "slick" by some.

I don't know him, have met him once in passing, but am not really one to judge.

 

 

Not my style. I dislike Seth Greenburg as a coach, but I'm sure he's a great guy...

Im the complete opposite in terms of Greenburg.

 

 

Side note: If Mike Williams isn't granted the extra year the NCAA should shut down their doors that day.

Agree on Williams.

 

From my experiences the portion of the fan base that's impatient is the same group still holding on to the past for dear life...

Possibly so, but I would think there are a fair amount of them that are fair-weather fans in general.

Possibly so, but I would think there are a fair amount of them that are fair-weather fans in general.

 

A city of fair weather fans got behind the only consistent winner in town for a decade and a half and refuse to let it go? No... ;)

What's up with the Bearcats? Are they still playing?

Not much to complain about when they win 3 of 4... :D

I will admit that while I have had no personal dealings with the man, I find Mick unlikeable. Not sure if I can put my finger on it though.

 

Clyde, I have had the pleasure to meet Mick while he was still at Murray State University! I was introduced to him by his Dad ("Hep") who I played for at CovCath and trust me, he is a very likable man who lives and breathes UC basketball. He couldn't have been nicer to me and treated my daughter and wife like they were long lost family. In the E-mails back and forth to one another after the visit he loved and laughed at the stories I told on his Dad, and then even offered my daughter a job if he stayed at Murray State.

 

Give him time, he will get the job done, and it will be done with students who will make the University proud.

Not much to complain about when they win 3 of 4... :D

 

Just no threads or anything. 3 out of 4? Great.

  • Author
Not much to complain about when they win 3 of 4... :D

 

In all fairness they should have won 3 of 4. Mo Egger on his radio show the other day mentioned that they haven't lost to anyone they shouldn't have w/ the possible exception of a home loss to Providence and haven't beat anyone they should w/ the possible exception of at UNLV. I think that is pretty accurate.

Clyde, I have had the pleasure to meet Mick while he was still at Murray State University! I was introduced to him by his Dad ("Hep") who I played for at CovCath and trust me, he is a very likable man who lives and breathes UC basketball. He couldn't have been nicer to me and treated my daughter and wife like they were long lost family. In the E-mails back and forth to one another after the visit he loved and laughed at the stories I told on his Dad, and then even offered my daughter a job if he stayed at Murray State.

 

Give him time, he will get the job done, and it will be done with students who will make the University proud.

 

Zing!

Won Rutgers, @ DePaul and @ St Johns. Lost @ Providence. The had to go at worst 3-1 in that stretch and got it done...

In all fairness they should have won 3 of 4. Mo Egger on his radio show the other day mentioned that they haven't lost to anyone they shouldn't have w/ the possible exception of a home loss to Providence and haven't beat anyone they should w/ the possible exception of at UNLV. I think that is pretty accurate.

 

Agreed. I don't think UNLV has lost since that game, so I'd say that's one they get credit for...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.