Mick Cronin

Latch

Good article. The reason I originally asked was b/c I have heard that some of the fans are growing more impatient. They really believed they would take a step in the right direction this year. I think Mick is the right guy for the job. I'm just not sure how much patience the fan base is showing. You're connnected so I asked questions.

Side note: If Mike Williams isn't granted the extra year the NCAA should shut down their doors that day.

From my experiences the portion of the fan base that's impatient is the same group still holding on to the past for dear life...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I readily admitted I didn't have anything but a gut feel to base it on.

However, I bet I'm right.

You're telling me there are people you don't "like" even though you've never dealt with them?

I can see what you are saying Clyde...and he is considered "slick" by some.

I don't know him, have met him once in passing, but am not really one to judge.

Not my style. I dislike Seth Greenburg as a coach, but I'm sure he's a great guy...

Im the complete opposite in terms of Greenburg.

Side note: If Mike Williams isn't granted the extra year the NCAA should shut down their doors that day.

Agree on Williams.

From my experiences the portion of the fan base that's impatient is the same group still holding on to the past for dear life...

Possibly so, but I would think there are a fair amount of them that are fair-weather fans in general.

• 2 weeks later...
I will admit that while I have had no personal dealings with the man, I find Mick unlikeable. Not sure if I can put my finger on it though.

Clyde, I have had the pleasure to meet Mick while he was still at Murray State University! I was introduced to him by his Dad ("Hep") who I played for at CovCath and trust me, he is a very likable man who lives and breathes UC basketball. He couldn't have been nicer to me and treated my daughter and wife like they were long lost family. In the E-mails back and forth to one another after the visit he loved and laughed at the stories I told on his Dad, and then even offered my daughter a job if he stayed at Murray State.

Give him time, he will get the job done, and it will be done with students who will make the University proud.

Not much to complain about when they win 3 of 4... :D

In all fairness they should have won 3 of 4. Mo Egger on his radio show the other day mentioned that they haven't lost to anyone they shouldn't have w/ the possible exception of a home loss to Providence and haven't beat anyone they should w/ the possible exception of at UNLV. I think that is pretty accurate.

Clyde, I have had the pleasure to meet Mick while he was still at Murray State University! I was introduced to him by his Dad ("Hep") who I played for at CovCath and trust me, he is a very likable man who lives and breathes UC basketball. He couldn't have been nicer to me and treated my daughter and wife like they were long lost family. In the E-mails back and forth to one another after the visit he loved and laughed at the stories I told on his Dad, and then even offered my daughter a job if he stayed at Murray State.

Give him time, he will get the job done, and it will be done with students who will make the University proud.

Zing!

In all fairness they should have won 3 of 4. Mo Egger on his radio show the other day mentioned that they haven't lost to anyone they shouldn't have w/ the possible exception of a home loss to Providence and haven't beat anyone they should w/ the possible exception of at UNLV. I think that is pretty accurate.

Agreed. I don't think UNLV has lost since that game, so I'd say that's one they get credit for...