Elliott County 77 West Carter 65

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the recent posts who correcty interpreted what I meant..and my point being was that anything can happen to some of the best teams, it was in no way shape or form to compare them to being better than Elliott...

The 2003 team was very good....remember in basketball, it's all about match up's....the 2004 team matched up better with Ashland in the regional finals, than they would have vs. Lewis Co....IMO. I think the '03 team would be a good matchup for the '09 Elliott, but unfortunately we don't have these set ups on PlayStation to see how it would come out.

My 2006 reference was that we were (22-3) heading into the district...we were a handful of points away from being undefeated. There were no problems on team, unity was perfect, continuity perfect, very unselfish, all the good intangibles...and played a team in the first round that had issues all year, with nearly everything opposite of what I mentioned above...however, West Carter put together that 1 perfect game and had a go ahead bucket bounce all over rim and bounce in....they beat the Cougars on their home floor fair and square....it only takes 1 night. The two previous meetings in which Morgan rolled over the Comets had no bearing on the outcome of the 1st round of the district...each night is different in KY. high school hoops, it's what is special and fun.

Elliott's maturity and basketball I.Q. is off the charts, and that could very well be the difference. They have brought a lot of pride to Elliott County and it's how they have done it that reminds me so much of the good old days here...enjoy those moments!

Thanks for the recent posts who correcty interpreted what I meant..and my point being was that anything can happen to some of the best teams, it was in no way shape or form to compare them to being better than Elliott...

The 2003 team was very good....remember in basketball, it's all about match up's....the 2004 team matched up better with Ashland in the regional finals, than they would have vs. Lewis Co....IMO. I think the '03 team would be a good matchup for the '09 Elliott, but unfortunately we don't have these set ups on PlayStation to see how it would come out.

My 2006 reference was that we were (22-3) heading into the district...we were a handful of points away from being undefeated. There were no problems on team, unity was perfect, continuity perfect, very unselfish, all the good intangibles...and played a team in the first round that had issues all year, with nearly everything opposite of what I mentioned above...however, West Carter put together that 1 perfect game and had a go ahead bucket bounce all over rim and bounce in....they beat the Cougars on their home floor fair and square....it only takes 1 night. The two previous meetings in which Morgan rolled over the Comets had no bearing on the outcome of the 1st round of the district...each night is different in KY. high school hoops, it's what is special and fun.

Elliott's maturity and basketball I.Q. is off the charts, and that could very well be the difference. They have brought a lot of pride to Elliott County and it's how they have done it that reminds me so much of the good old days here...enjoy those moments!

2003 team did not even make it to region finals.

Yes, Coach Webb and Aaron Rayburn's mother are first cousins. Also, Taylor Webb and Aaron Rayburn are first cousins.

Okay lets get this right.

Joy Rayburn and Terrell Webb and Dennie Webb are Brother and Sisters.

Joy is the Mother of Aaron and Terrell is the father of Taylor.

Jeremy Webb is a 1st cousin to Joy and Terrell and Dennie.

So therefore Aaron and Taylor is coach Webb's second cousin. The one thing that I do know is they are from a huge family that has had alot of ball players.

You and Dale are exactly right. One game and one night and anything can happen. That's why it is so important to stay focused on each individual game, one at a time. When you play a District rival at tournament time in Kentucky anything can happen. Any team is fully capable of winning or losing that one big game.

Okay lets get this right.

Joy Rayburn and Terrell Webb and Dennie Webb are Brother and Sisters.

Joy is the Mother of Aaron and Terrell is the father of Taylor.

Jeremy Webb is a 1st cousin to Joy and Terrell and Dennie.

So therefore Aaron and Taylor is coach Webb's second cousin. The one thing that I do know is they are from a huge family that has had alot of ball players.

And don't forget about Aaron's sister Brandi, she was/is a pretty good player as well.

As for the officiating, yes it was bad, but it was bad the whole way. Plenty of walks and fouls were missed that just happens from time to time. The only complaint I have is I feel that each team had a few players who could have gotten a T or 2. I think a lot of complaining to the refs went on the other night between the players. But, once again the refs weren't for either team and were doing the best they could. As for the two refs mentioned that could have done the game, they are usually requested to not ref the WC games by WC.

I always thought that you could blackball some many refs before the season and then you were assigned the officials, no requesting certain officials. Same is true on the flip side before the season, certain refs don't do certain schools for different reasons and then I guess a ref could refuse to accept a game after being assigned to that game, but that don't make them look to go to the assigner.

I always thought that you could blackball some many refs before the season and then you were assigned the officials, no requesting certain officials. Same is true on the flip side before the season, certain refs don't do certain schools for different reasons and then I guess a ref could refuse to accept a game after being assigned to that game, but that don't make them look to go to the assigner.

That is what I was saying. I don't think they want either to ref their games. Of course sometimes they do ref WC games. But WC doesn't want them to and usually ask not to have them. Sorry for the misunderstanding.