Elliott County 77 West Carter 65

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATS ELLIOTT!!

You've got another win under your belt!

This was one heck of a game but you showed your talent and dedication to pull out the win.

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

:thumb:

Great game and my hats off to the boy's from Olive Hill. Capacity crowd of nearly 3,000 with folks standing. Had to turn people away at the door.

Does anyone know what West shot from the field and especially trey land?? Must of been about 10-16 from trey land. I believe Elliott only had about 6 treys. First time I have seen them get out shot from downtown?? But, Elliott probably only had about 12-13 trey attempts. Good defense by the comets tonight and EC was in trouble and had to pull it out down the stretch in the last 4 minutes. Sealed it at the end with good FT shooting. W is a W, but this one was a hard earned surprise to many tonight. West right now has to be the 2d best team in the 16th region.......

Congrats to Elliott on the win, and to West my heart goes out to you. Don't think anyone at that game could argue that West didn't leave anything on the floor when they walked off there tonight. Pretty sure I over heard on the radio that west was like 34% from 3 land but they only made 8. Elliott was only like 6 for 18 from 3's, kind of expected to see a little different outcome from there. Don't quote me on these stats though.

Congrats to Elliott on the win, and to West my heart goes out to you. Don't think anyone at that game could argue that West didn't leave anything on the floor when they walked off there tonight. Pretty sure I over heard on the radio that west was like 34% from 3 land but they only made 8. Elliott was only like 6 for 18 from 3's, kind of expected to see a little different outcome from there. Don't quote me on these stats though.

I think they said West was 8 for 23 beyond the 3 point line.

Great game for Chris Knipp. His name is not mentioned as much as the other starters but he was the difference maker tonight.

Yes he was! West played their best game all season and had all the makings for the upset, but Elliott pulled out a tough win. I think that this game was very good for Elliott because it will keep them on their toes in the region; you can't just show up and win. West made some big shot and shot the ball really well. It was a good win in a tough environment and floor conditions. Way to go lions on a hard fought win. :dancingpa

I think they should play the next Elliott vs West game outdoors with the barn as a goal support. Somewhere on Mauk Ridge maybe or on 986. What a game that would be. I'm in fo sho. Maybe in the spring so we can chase a few old gobblers while we're out there. I've got it we can use Gary Carroll's parking lot. So we could eat while we were there.

I think they should play the next Elliott vs West game outdoors with the barn as a goal support. Somewhere on Mauk Ridge maybe or on 986. What a game that would be. I'm in fo sho. Maybe in the spring so we can chase a few old gobblers while we're out there. I've got it we can use Gary Carroll's parking lot. So we could eat while we were there.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great game and my hats off to the boy's from Olive Hill. Capacity crowd of nearly 3,000 with folks standing. Had to turn people away at the door.

Does anyone know what West shot from the field and especially trey land?? Must of been about 10-16 from trey land. I believe Elliott only had about 6 treys. First time I have seen them get out shot from downtown?? But, Elliott probably only had about 12-13 trey attempts. Good defense by the comets tonight and EC was in trouble and had to pull it out down the stretch in the last 4 minutes. Sealed it at the end with good FT shooting. W is a W, but this one was a hard earned surprise to many tonight. West right now has to be the 2d best team in the 16th region.......

Both teams shot about the same from "trey land". West started out hot, but later cooled off, as Elliott shot consistently below average all night.

Anybody at the game that could provide some insight as to the FT disparity? I realize West probably fouled some late, but 25/35 compared to 13/19 at home seems a little out of whack. It was a 4 or 5pt game with about 3 to play. Just wondering, cause I wasn't there.

Elliott penetrated more and several fouls early were on drives. West began fouling after falling behind by 8 with around 2 minutes to go and Elliott probably shot 10 or more free throws during last 1:45. Those times are only my estimates. Chris Knipp had 15 points and 9 boards according to WUGO. Great game. West Carter played very tough defense and Elliott seemed a step slower than usual. Still, a win on the road, in the district, is what matters. It is a long season and with kids playing the game, anything can happen. There will be ugly games and a good team knows how to win them.