Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Bourbon County Football Coach

Featured Replies

Good Luck Coach Poynter! From a Gallatin County Football parent I wish you nothing but success, I hate to see you leave our area...YOUR Trimble County teams have been a great rival that plays with huge desire to win...you lead by example!

 

Growing up in Bourbon County, I know you will have your hands full! Stick to your guns my friend...YOU are a great Coach!

  • Replies 56
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see Coach Poynter leave Trimble. It was always fun preparing for his Trimble County teams. I wish him well at Bourbon.

 

Will Trimble hire with in?

 

Have no idea what route TC will take. :confused:

 

Newspaper said they were going to wait and see what teaching spots that they would have open. Dont know about hiring within, Poynter only had 2 asst. coaches and both of them were 1st year guys.

I would like to wish Coach Poynter all the best, good luck from a true fan although I may not have always agred with you Coach it was a pleasure watching you and your Raiders play. I do hope that Trimble County does not sit on their hands for to long because the program and the boys will suffer ie; no weight training going on, no spring practice if you wait to long and summer camp these are all things that Poynter did to help make Football strong in TC dont sit around and make your kids suffer.

Do we know anything about who the assistants are. I have heard Wes Tipton who coached with Poynter under Dudley on the 97 state championship team.

Do we know anything about who the assistants are. I have heard Wes Tipton who coached with Poynter under Dudley on the 97 state championship team.

 

Wes Tipton has been mentioned as a possibility, who I'm not familar with, but all the coaches from last years staff is back except for Shawn Ranson and Rob Massie. BC must not have any teaching positions open for Poynter to bring in anyone. Out of the coaches returning he only has one that can help him the rest need to get some more experience, they were no help to Rick Massie. Good Luck Coach Poynter, I wish you all the best, you'll going to need it at BC ( asst coaches, parents, and Lana Fryman ) This has to be your biggest challenge as far as the above 3 mentioned problems Massie had. But you do have several great young men to work with in the returning players

Wes Tipton has been mentioned as a possibility, who I'm not familar with, but all the coaches from last years staff is back except for Shawn Ranson and Rob Massie. BC must not have any teaching positions open for Poynter to bring in anyone. Out of the coaches returning he only has one that can help him the rest need to get some more experience, they were no help to Rick Massie. Good Luck Coach Poynter, I wish you all the best, you'll going to need it at BC ( asst coaches, parents, and Lana Fryman ) This has to be your biggest challenge as far as the above 3 mentioned problems Massie had. But you do have several great young men to work with in the returning players

 

The whole staff, minus the two named above are coming back? Who will coach each position?

The whole staff, minus the two named above are coming back? Who will coach each position?

 

Poynter is the Defensive guy, Barnes is QB coach, Marshall is one line coach but don't know who will help him, and the rest I haven't heard, but the assts. coming back except for Wilson have little experience, and if Barnes son Taylor wasn't there I don't believe he would be either. I would think this will be a one year staff for Poynter, he will clean house next year.

  • Author
Poynter is the Defensive guy, Barnes is QB coach, Marshall is one line coach but don't know who will help him, and the rest I haven't heard, but the assts. coming back except for Wilson have little experience, and if Barnes son Taylor wasn't there I don't believe he would be either. I would think this will be a one year staff for Poynter, he will clean house next year.

 

 

Yeah, Barnes is only on the staff just to make sure his son plays. With no Barnes, you get no Taylor!:thumb:

I guess this is what happens when you don't check the other sports threads so often. WOW!!! We wish Coach Poynter nothing but the best in his transition to Bourbon County.

Will Poynter run the A-11?

 

Heard that he was going to. He said thatTee Barnes was just right for it.

Poynter is the Defensive guy, Barnes is QB coach, Marshall is one line coach but don't know who will help him, and the rest I haven't heard, but the assts. coming back except for Wilson have little experience, and if Barnes son Taylor wasn't there I don't believe he would be either. I would think this will be a one year staff for Poynter, he will clean house next year.

 

 

Heard that he would have 8 asst. all but one of which either played for him or coached with him before. All know the sytem well,except for the A-11 and all will work hard for the kids. I hear that he has 2 coming from Pikeville. He is also very high on Coach Barnes and has seemed to jell well with him. All of these coaches will be alot different for him than what he had at TC which were a total of 2 asst. :scared:

Hey TT do you know the names of the assistant coaches?

Johnny Poynter is a tremendous coach and an outstanding person. If he gets the backing he needs; he will do great things at Bourbon Co again!. I hate to see him leave the area but I know he wants to be closer to home. Thank goodness for cell phones. Best of luck coach and buy plenty of kicking blocks.:laugh:

 

That is a big "IF"...

 

The last 3 coaches got little support, and with Fryman still in charge I don't see that changing...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.