Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Bourbon County Football Coach

Featured Replies

I obviously don't know the history, but it IS a new chance. Give Poynter and his program a chance.

 

I wish Poynter the best of luck! The Barnes kid is special.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been apart of or had close ties to several programs around the state, some very successful and some not, but I had never seen a place like Bourbon.

 

I would have to agree they had one of the best coaches in state history and they let him go. I don't think that they have too much interest in sports.

I would have to agree they had one of the best coaches in state history and they let him go. I don't think that they have too much interest in sports.

 

Yes Dudley is a good one. And they took care of him pretty well

 

But there are ALOT of places that are worse.

Yes Dudley is a good one. And they took care of him pretty well

 

But there are ALOT of places that are worse.

 

I agree but it seems like Bourbon is very unique in own self. I know there are places that are alot worse but Bourbon got to a place were others would have loved to have been and they let it go.

I agree but it seems like Bourbon is very unique in own self. I know there are places that are alot worse but Bourbon got to a place were others would have loved to have been and they let it go.

 

I agree, but maybe it can get that way again.

Here is Coach Poynter record as a HC.

 

Pike Co. Cent.

6-5

3-7

5-6

 

Trimble Co.

3-7

7-4

7-5

4-7

I agree, but maybe it can get that way again.

 

We all here at BO CO wish coach Poynter the best and want him to have success hear, but if you haven't been in this system you have no idea how bad it is. I know that Poynter is asking for alot of upgrade to the equipment, uniforms, etc, but believe me the honeymoon will be short. He will get little to no help from the wicked witch of the Board :puke: (Lana Fryman) she dosen't care for any sports program at BO CO. If that isn't bad enough the parents remaining in the program will put Poynter to the test, I've also have been around several programs good and bad but I would love to see a situation at another school worse than BO CO. But again I wish Coach Poynter the best, he has some great kids to work with here.

Who is running the offseason program?

Who is running the offseason program?

 

Poynter is driving down and doing it(4 days a week from 5-6:30) and there is a asst. that is doing it in the morning for those that cannt do it in the evening. Working out 55 and that does not count B-Ball and wrestling.

We all here at BO CO wish coach Poynter the best and want him to have success hear, but if you haven't been in this system you have no idea how bad it is. I know that Poynter is asking for alot of upgrade to the equipment, uniforms, etc, but believe me the honeymoon will be short. He will get little to no help from the wicked witch of the Board :puke: (Lana Fryman) she dosen't care for any sports program at BO CO. If that isn't bad enough the parents remaining in the program will put Poynter to the test, I've also have been around several programs good and bad but I would love to see a situation at another school worse than BO CO. But again I wish Coach Poynter the best, he has some great kids to work with here.

 

The one thing that stood out to me, is how some of the community turned on people that were trying to bring respect back to Bo Co. I know there are worse places, I just haven't seen them yet. I still can't believe Fryman is in charge, I thought her term was about up?

The one thing that stood out to me, is how some of the community turned on people that were trying to bring respect back to Bo Co. I know there are worse places, I just haven't seen them yet. I still can't believe Fryman is in charge, I thought her term was about up?

 

Poynter can only hope this is her last year, seems like you are close to this situation like myself. It is just an outrage, the kids just don't get a chance to experience the excitement of a good football program as I did in high school. You have so many Bo Co parents and supporters worried about what might happen to their child if they speak out against her or the Board, it's just a cryin shame, shame on the them. It is very hard to get excited about the program with the history of her views on how sport teams should be at the high school level. Again GOOD LUCK COACH AND THE PLAYERS, you have some great supporters behind you

Poynter is driving down and doing it(4 days a week from 5-6:30) and there is a asst. that is doing it in the morning for those that cannt do it in the evening. Working out 55 and that does not count B-Ball and wrestling.

 

That is Commitment Good luck Coach Poynter, Sincerly I do wish you the best.:thumb::thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.