Utah 31 Alabama 17

swamprat

I hope they somehow get voted #1 in one poll

It will not happen, but it shows why they were undefeated. They are a very, very, good football team. Just another reason why a playoff would be so great. Can you imagine the second round games in an 8 team playoff that looks like this?

Seeds 1-8

1. Florida

8. Penn State

4. Texas

5. USC

3. Alabama

6. Utah

7. Texas Tech

2. Oklahoma

The first round matchups are all pretty good. The second round games would be phenomenal. As well as the final. That would have to make as much or more money than the current setup...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Respect. And another reason for a playoff system...

What respect? It would mean nothing because it would be so political it would be a joke. Anyone on here think Utah is the best team in the country? All I have seen is how overrated Bama must have been. If Bama was so overrated then this win doesn't really mean that much. Utah and Bama play 10 times Bama wins 9 of them. Utah would get blown off the field against USC, Oklahoma, UF, Texas, and Bama on most nights. Sure they're good and can win a game like this on any given night but that doesn't make them the best team in the country. They caught Bama sleeping and jumped on them quick, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by woodsrider

What respect? It would mean nothing because it would be so political it would be a joke. Anyone on here think Utah is the best team in the country? All I have seen is how overrated Bama must have been. If Bama was so overrated then this win doesn't really mean that much. Utah and Bama play 10 times Bama wins 9 of them. Utah would get blown off the field against USC, Oklahoma, USF, Texas, and Bama on most nights. Sure they're good and can win a game like this on any given night but that doesn't make them the best team in the country. They caught Bama sleeping and jumped on them quick, nothing more nothing less.

Please tell me you didn't just put USF in the same category as USC, Oklahoma, Texas and Bama

What respect? It would mean nothing because it would be so political it would be a joke. Anyone on here think Utah is the best team in the country? All I have seen is how overrated Bama must have been. If Bama was so overrated then this win doesn't really mean that much. Utah and Bama play 10 times Bama wins 9 of them. Utah would get blown off the field against USC, Oklahoma, USF, Texas, and Bama on most nights. Sure they're good and can win a game like this on any given night but that doesn't make them the best team in the country. They caught Bama sleeping and jumped on them quick, nothing more nothing less.

Again, we'll never know. But after watching this football game, I can say without a doubt that Utah is that good. And I think most who watched the game would agree. :thumb:

Utah pushed Bama around tonight and owned the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Not sure Bama beats them 3 out of 10, much less 9...

Also, any team making it through the regular season SEC schedule undefeated if far from overrated. Even if you don't like the SEC you have to admit that. If you can't admit that then that explains a lot to me

The better team won tonight. Utah absolutly beat Wilson up tonight up front. They dominated on the Dline! They have an argument to be Champs. I don't think they are as good as Fla or Okl but they sure as heck have a legit argument! What a great win for a program that many thought would fall apart when Myer and A. Smith left. Total domination of the Tide tonight.

On a side note I really thought Saban would have a heartattack tonight. I've never seen a coach yell at a player while he was tackling a player by the sideline. He was standing over top of them on the way to the ground on the field yelling at him!

Please tell me you didn't just put USF in the same category as USC, Oklahoma, Texas and Bama

Nope, meant UF. I fixed it.

Also, any team making it through the regular season SEC schedule undefeated if far from overrated. Even if you don't like the SEC you have to admit that. If you can't admit that then that explains a lot to me

How about you go back and read my post again a little slower. I said there have been many on here tonight claiming them to be overrated. I never said they were. I think I explained that in the rest of my post.

Nope, meant UF. I fixed it.

How about you go back and read my post again a little slower. I said there have been many on here tonight claiming them to be overrated. I never said they were. I think I explained that in the rest of my post.

I didn't take it like that at all. But if you say so....