Utah 31 Alabama 17

swamprat

Alabama may have been overrated all year.
I respectfully disagree, I say that Utah was underrated all year. JMO

Congrats on a well deserved win for Utah.

Absolutely.

I hope they somehow get voted #1 in one poll
They won't be but so do I, they have beaten a team tonight that was ranked #1 for quite a while, they beat the team that beat USC (who alot are saying is the best team), they are the only unbeaten team in the country. I don't know if they are the best but they certainly have an argument for it.

Personally, I will probably put them at #2 in my final poll, depends on the outcome of the remaing NC game.

Can you say PLAYOFF SYSTEM, please...

Dead Horse award......:D

Edited by oldrambler

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The better team won tonight. Utah absolutly beat Wilson up tonight up front. They dominated on the Dline! They have an argument to be Champs. I don't think they are as good as Fla or Okl but they sure as heck have a legit argument! What a great win for a program that many thought would fall apart when Myer and A. Smith left. Total domination of the Tide tonight.

On a side note I really thought Saban would have a heartattack tonight. I've never seen a coach yell at a player while he was tackling a player by the sideline. He was standing over top of them on the way to the ground on the field yelling at him!

Good post. I don't know how many out of a series that Utah would win over Bama, imo probably not many but that is not the point. As Lou Holtz would say...."Utah didn't have to be the best team all season, they just had to be the best team for around 3- 3 1/2 hrs. tonight" ;), and they were.

My side note tonight was just a little while ago when Saban was speaking in the presser and he said that the Utah QB was the best system qb that they (Bama) had face all season :eek:. Let's remember that they played Florida and Tebow a few weeks ago.

I disagree, I say that Utah was underrated all year. JMO

Absolutely.

They won't be but so do I, they have beaten a team tonight that was ranked #1 for quite a while, they beat the team that beat USC (who alot are saying is the best team), they are the only unbeaten team in the country. I don't know if they are the best but they certainly have an argument for it.

Personally, I will probably put them at #2 in my final poll, depends on the outcome of the remaing NC game.

Dead Horse award......:D

The Dead Horse Award goes to the Big Ten getting killed year in, year out. :banana:

So do you think Bama was overrated?

I do not think Alabama was overrated, they are no doubt a very good football team. I think Utah may be much better than everyone thought. Not many teams can win the line of scrimmage battle with Bama like they did tonight. Alabama gave up 11 sacks in 9 regular season SEC games and 1 SEC Championship game (11 total in 10 games). They gave up 8 tonight against Utah. Also, as GT pointed out a while back, I am sure psychologically Bama had a lot of wind taken out of their sails by losing the SEC Championship game and knowing they were out of the national title hunt. By no means am I saying Bama tanked it the last few weeks, but I am sure they were not near as motivated these last 4 weeks compared to if they were heading to Miami. This game meant a ton more to Utah and it showed.

The Dead Horse Award goes to the Big Ten getting killed year in, year out. :banana:

:confused:Where did the Big 10 figure into this game, did either one of these teams move to that conference before this game? I thought this was a Bama/Utah thread. I am overall an SEC fan, just Ohio State from the Big10 is my favorite team and I fully realize that the Big 10 wasn't strong this season and previous seasons are just that. I did not mention the Big10 at all in this thread so there was no argument started here :sleep:.

So, imo another dead horse award goes the the Big10 bashers. :D

:confused:Where did the Big 10 figure into this game, did either one of these teams move to that conference before this game? I thought this was a Bama/Utah thread. I am overall an SEC fan, just Ohio State from the Big10 is my favorite team and I fully realize that the Big 10 wasn't strong this season and previous seasons are just that. I did not mention the Big10 at all in this thread so there was no argument started here :sleep:.

So, imo another dead horse award goes the the Big10 bashers. :D

Just having a little fun.

But honestly, I'll beat the horse that is dead when it comes to a playoff system. It would make things so much more fun. I know people say it would take away from the regular season. But at least it would give a clear cut national champ.

I do not think Alabama was overrated, they are no doubt a very good football team. I think Utah may be much better than everyone thought. Not many teams can win the line of scrimmage battle with Bama like they did tonight. Alabama gave up 11 sacks in 9 regular season SEC games and 1 SEC Championship game (11 total in 10 games). They gave up 8 tonight against Utah. Also, as GT pointed out a while back, I am sure psychologically Bama had a lot of wind taken out of their sails by losing the SEC Championship game and knowing they were out of the national title hunt. By no means am I saying Bama tanked it the last few weeks, but I am sure they were not near as motivated these last 4 weeks compared to if they were heading to Miami. This game meant a ton more to Utah and it showed.

Look no farther than UC/VPI. BK set the goal for UC the day he took the job. Win the Big East. Mission accomplished, and flat performances against Hawaii and Tech. The Hokies had a different set of goals and that included erasing the loss from last year.

Bama had their sights set on the title and Utah had it on tonight. When dealing with 18-23 year old young men, it's the nature of the beast...

Just having a little fun.

But honestly, I'll beat the horse that is dead when it comes to a playoff system. It would make things so much more fun. I know people say it would take away from the regular season. But at least it would give a clear cut national champ.

:thumb: No problem.

As for the playoff thing, I have said many times that imo the best that we can hope for is plus one type game. That would create a 4 tam/semi final situation. I think that will eventually happen, just don't know how long it will take.

Big Ten is down no doubt. Their Bowl record has not been the greatest latley. Makes you wonder since they are even against the so called greatest conference the SEC in the last 10 years how bad have they been against the other conferences? USC and the PAC 10 have killed them. Maybe they are the best conference?

Big Ten is down no doubt. Their Bowl record has not been the greatest latley. Makes you wonder since they are even against the so called greatest conference the SEC in the last 10 years how bad have they been against the other conferences? USC and the PAC 10 have killed them. Maybe they are the best conference?

USC has matched up against the SEC how many times in the past ten years?

Obvious that Alabama missed the big guy from the get go. Don't know that it would have made any difference with the way they got down 21 in the first quarter. Their offense is not the type to come from behind like that. Utah certainly deserves some attention for number one but they won't get it. I'd also put them at 2-3, depending on the NC game.

I simply can't believe that Andre Smith's presence would have made THAT much of a difference to the 'Bama pass protection schemes. Smith would have been blocking Krueger, and the guy who had the big night was Sylvester. Also, Coffee and Ingram could not pick up linebacker stunts at all and Wilson has primarily them to blame for the grass stains on his rump this morning.

'Bama got schooled. Utah's receivers and that tight end ran circles around them. Utah did not even need to run the ball. The Utes were faster and more physical. Perhaps it had to do with lack of energy, but there is no way on God's Green Earth that 'Bama beats them 9 times out of 10 as someone has said.