Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Harlan

Featured Replies

What does Harlan need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It used to be that easy for Cawood, too, toward the end.

 

Harlan should be better with a big senior class coming back. The Dragons have some tough non-district games on their schedule though, so my early prediction is five wins.

14 Seniors that I can think of coming back. I can't think of a so called "playmaker" in the whole group, just guys that love to play the game. I know there is a good number in the weight room already which is exactly what it takes to be successful. I'm sure they will get the 2 wins needed for the playoffs :rolleyes:, but not the goal I/M/O. The question is, who will play QB? Pennington (who is a FB/TB), Carr, Saragas? A decent pasing game would sure compliment an established running game. Several younger guys got game experience last year and should help out. No prediction of W/L from me, but I look for a solid football team that can play with anyone on the schedule. :ylsuper:

Harlan just needs to get a year older. They have played young kids the last couple of years and that will pay off next year. 14 is a lot of seniors in class A and lots of seniors usually means a good year. Coach Donahue will have them ready to play. He needs to find one speed kid who can take it to the house on any given play.

14 Seniors that I can think of coming back. I can't think of a so called "playmaker" in the whole group, just guys that love to play the game. I know there is a good number in the weight room already which is exactly what it takes to be successful. I'm sure they will get the 2 wins needed for the playoffs :rolleyes:, but not the goal I/M/O. The question is, who will play QB? Pennington (who is a FB/TB), Carr, Saragas? A decent pasing game would sure compliment an established running game. Several younger guys got game experience last year and should help out. No prediction of W/L from me, but I look for a solid football team that can play with anyone on the schedule. :ylsuper:

 

You are exactly right....outstanding Sr class coming in for a class A program but the non-district schedule is tough. And Isaac, I think the passing game will be greatly improved. People have got the impression that JB likes to keep it on the groud but I can tell you from experience that he loves to throw it around when he can. I sure hope you guys do well. I'll be rooting for you. #26 is sure going to miss it.:thumb:

I think the "outstanding" part hasn't been earned yet. The potential is there for a competitive team.

He needs to find one speed kid who can take it to the house on any given play.

 

 

 

Where do you get one of those?

Where do you get one of those?

 

Are there any Kirksey's left in Harlan...

Are there any Kirksey's left in Harlan...

 

They have been gone for a very long time.

I think the "outstanding" part hasn't been earned yet. The potential is there for a competitive team.

 

Are we debating which adjective to use in describing them? OK! I'll go with competitive if you prefer!! Ever the editor!!:laugh::laugh:

Oh no, but I would have to agree with HDE on this one, this class has the making of a very good group but to give them an outstanding rating at this point would be a stretch. It is a good group when it comes to leadership and work ethic but to be labeled outstanding, there is still some earning to be done. With that thought my money is on them to get it done an earn that outstanding label.

I was impressed with how hard they played last year, even when things weren't going well, but I don't know if they match up talent-wise with the group from two years ago with Chase Jones, Aaron Jones, J.D. Heck, Bradford Marsili and company.

I was impressed with how hard they played last year, even when things weren't going well, but I don't know if they match up talent-wise with the group from two years ago with Chase Jones, Aaron Jones, J.D. Heck, Bradford Marsili and company.

 

 

That group ended up being fools gold, they lived off of some of the class above them and when it came time to shine they left off their polish. Football being the ultimate team game should enable this class to set the bar a few notches higher with a group that has no one that would be considered star status, but one that has decent talent and a hunger to be better. This class could start the upswing for the Dragons for a nice run back to being a team that was respected by most teams in our area, and maybe get to go beyound that level. Time will tell, but it is fun to speculate at there chances of doing some nice things in the next few years.

Oh no, but I would have to agree with HDE on this one, this class has the making of a very good group but to give them an outstanding rating at this point would be a stretch. It is a good group when it comes to leadership and work ethic but to be labeled outstanding, there is still some earning to be done. With that thought my money is on them to get it done an earn that outstanding label.

 

Like you and HDE, I also think they have some good returning players but the "outstanding" part was the # in this Sr class. It is unusual at Harlan to have a graduating class this large. Im also encouraged by the 8th grade team which should make for a good # of kids in the freshman class. Also, looking at the rest of the region, next years Dragons could be pretty dang tough!:thumb:

That group ended up being fools gold, they lived off of some of the class above them and when it came time to shine they left off their polish. Football being the ultimate team game should enable this class to set the bar a few notches higher with a group that has no one that would be considered star status, but one that has decent talent and a hunger to be better. This class could start the upswing for the Dragons for a nice run back to being a team that was respected by most teams in our area, and maybe get to go beyound that level. Time will tell, but it is fun to speculate at there chances of doing some nice things in the next few years.

 

A good summary. ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.