Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Football Team - Discussion

Featured Replies

Congrats to all who made it, including Calloway's junior monster RB Tyrrell Willis. Incredible moves for a 250 pounder. New clips if you want to see him in action on YouTube:

 

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the schools I saw this year, only one athlete stands out who wasn't included. Andrew Tuller led a 10-2 North Oldham squad in rushing, receptions, receiving yards, scoring, and interceptions, while also third on the team in tackles.

 

I was looking for him in the "athlete" category.

 

He rushed for 797 yards and 10 scores (both team highs) for a 7.2 ypc average on a team that gave him the ball just 25% of the time. He caught 35 passes for 548 yards and another 7 scores in a run-first offense. (half the team's 14 passing TDs and half the passing yardage). He had 67 total tackles, 5 interceptions, and has about 4.6 speed...he graduates as the school's all-time leader in rushing and receiving after starting four years.

 

Certainly can't quibble too much about the selections of the 12 "athletes" - all deserving - but you'd be hard-pressed to find an all-around athlete who has contributed in more ways to his team's success than North Oldham's Andrew Tuller.

I am under the impression that an "Athlete" on the BGPrep team is a player who excelled playing both ways for their ballclub this season.

 

Only two way athletes. This is unique to all-star type teams and I like this idea very much!

 

Great work again, "Guru."

I am under the impression that an "Athlete" on the BGPrep team is a player who excelled playing both ways for their ballclub this season.

 

Only two way athletes. This is unique to all-star type teams and I like this idea very much!

 

Great work again, "Guru."

 

I'm not really sure why you quoted my post, then rebutted it by saying that the "athlete" section was for two-way athletes. :confused:

 

Andrew Tuller was a two way athlete for North Oldham, starting at wingback in the NOHS wing-T, and starting at LB on defense... :D

 

I do concur with your last comment..."Guru" (and whoever else was involved) did a superb job with the "all-BGP" team...and I also agree that the "athlete" section is a great concept! :thumb:

With a TE, a WR, and three skilled athletes like Deuce, Phillips, and Miles I think our offense would adopt a pro set.

 

Also, do the other teams you mentioned even have TEs on them? At least we try to assemble a team instead of making a bunch of sexy picks.

 

I believe you just made some Bluebird mothers mad! :fire:

 

 

 

:laugh:

With a TE, a WR, and three skilled athletes like Deuce, Phillips, and Miles I think our offense would adopt a pro set.

 

Also, do the other teams you mentioned even have TEs on them? At least we try to assemble a team instead of making a bunch of sexy picks.

 

12 man defense? Just askin

12 man defense? Just askin

We had a combo punter/kicker on offense. Plus you have to have a nickle package.:D

Of all the schools I saw this year, only one athlete stands out who wasn't included. Andrew Tuller led a 10-2 North Oldham squad in rushing, receptions, receiving yards, scoring, and interceptions, while also third on the team in tackles.

 

I was looking for him in the "athlete" category.

 

He rushed for 797 yards and 10 scores (both team highs) for a 7.2 ypc average on a team that gave him the ball just 25% of the time. He caught 35 passes for 548 yards and another 7 scores in a run-first offense. (half the team's 14 passing TDs and half the passing yardage). He had 67 total tackles, 5 interceptions, and has about 4.6 speed...he graduates as the school's all-time leader in rushing and receiving after starting four years.

 

Certainly can't quibble too much about the selections of the 12 "athletes" - all deserving - but you'd be hard-pressed to find an all-around athlete who has contributed in more ways to his team's success than North Oldham's Andrew Tuller.

 

CM, I haven't seen Andrew play, but I did see Jon Davis of Eastern play. I believe that he may fall into that catagory. (very good all around player):ylsuper:

How often does an OL/DL make the ATH category?

How often does an OL/DL make the ATH category?

 

All the past teams are in the Classic Forum so let us know when you run the numbers.

12 man defense? Just askin

 

Ram answered it for you. We did the same thing in 2004 when Masthay was our kicker and punter. The other options would be to put the same player on offense and defense or make 13 athletes.

I am under the impression that an "Athlete" on the BGPrep team is a player who excelled playing both ways for their ballclub this season.

 

Only two way athletes. This is unique to all-star type teams and I like this idea very much!

 

Great work again, "Guru."

 

But not exclusive to two way athletes named...Adam Dempsey went both ways for Highlands this year at OL/DE. Excelled on both sides! (I'm sure there were others). Oliver Head should have made the "athlete" listing. He personifies the category!!

All the past teams are in the Classic Forum so let us know when you run the numbers.

 

What? I'm now your statistician?

 

Let me re-phrase then so I don't have to look it up.

 

Does it happen very often?

 

And just in case you thought I took exception to Maniello being in the ATH category, I didn't. Heck, after watching that kid dominate I'd put him at any position I could to make sure he's on the team.

CM, I haven't seen Andrew play, but I did see Jon Davis of Eastern play. I believe that he may fall into that catagory. (very good all around player):ylsuper:

 

I also saw Jon. Excellent player. He won one of Pegasus' "Player of the Game" awards during the Oldham County Kickoff Classic.

But not exclusive to two way athletes named...Adam Dempsey went both ways for Highlands this year at OL/DE. Excelled on both sides! (I'm sure there were others). Oliver Head should have made the "athlete" listing. He personifies the category!!

 

No doubt! RB, DB, and returned kicks! Most fun I have had watching a safety play in some time. Always brought the wood!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.