Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 63 Highlands 57

Featured Replies

Who did most of the scoring for NCC?

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did most of the scoring for NCC?

 

Seemed even. 20 a soph? had a nice game. Pangallo really controlled the whole game. He probably led scoring, but the win was a team effort for NCC.

#20, is that Geisler?

Great win for NCC. Congrats.

#20, is that Geisler?

 

Yes, 20 is Jake Geisler. (sophmore) This is his 1st game back from football.

 

:D

Very, very good basketball player

Didn't NCC return there whole backcourt? This is a great win. Over a team some say are top 20 in the state. I still want to see them agsinst Holmes and Boone.

 

If your refferring to NCC, Boone beat them by 18 on the 9th.

I really underestimated what the return of Jake Geisler means to this NCC team. He is at least two inches taller than M. Geisler. Jake had 13 I believe. Pangallo was awesome tonight shooting and getting to the basket. He had about 17. Kowolonek led all scorers, but somewhat quietly. He had 19 or 20. This is exactly what I imagined, but Pangallo made the difference with his outside shooting. NCC defends the interior so well, and really shut Watson down most of the game. Highlands, as stated by someone else, don't have any great shooters on their team.

If your refferring to NCC, Boone beat them by 18 on the 9th.

 

I wish they could have the Boone game back. They were missing J. Geisler and J. Ollberding. It would have been a much closer game.

By the way someone needs to tell Highlands to get over their state title. It's awesome and everything, but save all that for football. The student section chanted lets play football three or four times throughout the night. I hate when any student section chants that, but c'mon multiple times in the same game.

Not a huge surprise. I'm in the minority but I wasn't overly impressed with HHS when I saw them play CCH. Not many offensive weapons (unless you're CCH giving up layups to them) and they don't play the traditional Willie-style D.

 

Geisler is going to be a load to deal with. He moves very well.

Not a huge surprise. I'm in the minority but I wasn't overly impressed with HHS when I saw them play CCH. Not many offensive weapons (unless you're CCH giving up layups to them) and they don't play the traditional Willie-style D.

 

Geisler is going to be a load to deal with. He moves very well.

 

 

You weren't in the minority, just in the minority of people willing to voice it. I said the same thing when I saw them.

NCC did beat Holmes last year so I'm not surprised. Did they play zone and I wonder what Highlands shot from 3.

 

NCC went to a 1-3-1 a little bit in the first half but primarily in the 4th quarter and, no, HHS did not shoot well from 3.

Didn't NCC return there whole backcourt? This is a great win. Over a team some say are top 20 in the state. I still want to see them agsinst Holmes and Boone.

 

No, you don't.

Not a huge surprise. I'm in the minority but I wasn't overly impressed with HHS when I saw them play CCH. Not many offensive weapons (unless you're CCH giving up layups to them) and they don't play the traditional Willie-style D.

 

Geisler is going to be a load to deal with. He moves very well.

 

I agree. I don't think NCC proved that they're one of the top teams, as much as Highlands proved they are pretty much right in the pack with the rest of NKY. I still say it's Holmes with a big gap between them and Boone, and then the rest of NKy.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.