Iowa State's Chizik to take over at Auburn

bigblueinsanity

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldn't prove discrimination on this hire in a thousand years in court and a judge in Alabama especially would laugh you out of the court house if you even tried.

Since I did not sit in on the hiring process, I would have no idea if there was discrimination. You obviously have inside info that we're not privvy to. Anytime you hire a non minority over a minority with similar qualifications you better have thorough documentation as to why the diverse candidate was not hired. As far a the Judge in Alabama comment, I'm not sure I follow there. Are you intimating a judge in Alabama may rule different than a judge elsewhere? Why would that be??

[/b]

Since I did not sit in on the hiring process, I would have no idea if there was discrimination. You obviously have inside info that we're not privvy to. Anytime you hire a non minority over a minority with similar qualifications you better have thorough documentation as to why the diverse candidate was not hired. As far a the Judge in Alabama comment, I'm not sure I follow there. Are you intimating a judge in Alabama may rule different than a judge elsewhere? Why would that be??

That would be partially racism, but I'm sure Auburn covered their bases well on this one, Jacobs knew the heat would come hiring Chizik over some of the minority coaches he interviewed and he was prepared for it. Although, it is his job on the line with this hire.

There is no way you can prove that. Gill may not be the best fit for Auburn. I by no means think this is a good hire but everything isn't about race and every decision in the south isn't made because of racism.

Sure it is, why do you think Miss. St. hired Sylvester, "The Cat" Croom.