Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can the Bluebirds 3 Peat ?

Featured Replies

Lets start talking about it. I think with the Birds returning 10 starters to 22 positions and having some solid backups this season that they are poised to earn #19 next season. When you have guys like Collinsworth, Bardo, Buten, Roller, Combs, Grubbs, Schlosser, Welz, Fennell, Beck, Hogue and Alford returning you gotta feel good. Their current Frosh class is very strong and will IMO need to step up as sophomores and gain valuable experience. HHS will be a senior laden team next season. The question mark might be in the Junior class next season. Outside of Gold, Compton, Sullivan, Seidle, Gall, Abner who will be stepping up to fill some of those spots?

Who will replace the running backs? Fennell, Compton? Should be fun come springtime to see who has gotten bigger, stronger and faster.

Edited by Qryche11

  • Replies 132
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know they can do it. I believe they will do it!

One thing the history of Kentucky High School Football tells us is they will make it very deep in the playoffs and most likely win it. The bigger question might be which team will be playing them for the honor of being number two in the div?

  • Author

Whitley and Johnson Central will be right there I am sure. With this many experienced players coming back though I like the odds of the Birds getting #19.

This Div along with 1,2,3 and 6 most likely will see the same teams make it.

Beechwood

N.C.C. AND/OR Ft. Campbell

Louisville Central (Belfry or the winner of that semi match up)\

Highlands

One of the Big two(X OR Trinity.)

 

Meaning 4-A could be the most exciting to pay attention to again in 09.

Meaning D-3 could be the most exciting to pay attention to again in 09.

Did you mean 4A could be the most exciting?

I would say the odds of the three-peat next year are better than the odds were for repeating this year.

^ I agree

Probably not, if they moved up to 6A. I know, I know, they have already moved up 2 classes. Sorry, it doesn't matter. Highlands has a fantastic program, but I have read hundreds upon hundreds of posts on here about how they are the best program in the state. Sure is easy to say it when you don't have to back it up. No doubt, they are the class of 1A-5A, but if you want to settle it, come on up. We'd love to have you. Then if you take state, I will have no problems with your boasts. JMHO

 

By the way, congrats on #18.

Probably not, if they moved up to 6A. I know, I know, they have already moved up 2 classes. Sorry, it doesn't matter. Highlands has a fantastic program, but I have read hundreds upon hundreds of posts on here about how they are the best program in the state. Sure is easy to say it when you don't have to back it up. No doubt, they are the class of 1A-5A, but if you want to settle it, come on up. We'd love to have you. Then if you take state, I will have no problems with your boasts. JMHO

 

By the way, congrats on #18.

 

:rolleyes:

As far as 3-peating, I feel Highlands chances are much better next year than they were this year at repeating. This year's class had alot of questions to be answered at the beginning of the year, starting with the offensive line, RB, and QB position.

 

By mid season, Guidugli was the best QB in nky (IMO), Crawford,Head, and Finnell were a 3 headed monster that NOBODY could stop, and the offensive line was opening up holes big enough to drive a truck through and giving Tony enough time to take a nap before having to pass.

 

Highlands doesn't rebuild...they reload. I see #19 coming next year.

 

Bardo to Roller, Collinsworth, and Welz will be the prettiest quartet around. Returning Grubbs, Schlosser, and either Roller or Welz on the line will give the Birds a lot of experience up front, which they lacked this year.

Have they ever won 3 in a row?

 

98, 99, 00.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.