Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Worst Call Ever?

Featured Replies

The player in blue, with the ball and attempting a layup is called for a charge. Looks like a good call to me. :lol:

untitled.JPG

  • Author

I love how the guy is pumping his fist because he just got an "And 1" and then the ref calls the foul on him :lol:

amazing call

It was, and then he called a "T" on the offensive player for putting his hands on his head!

He must have had a better angle than the camera man, because I just didn't see that one. :D

I could swear that call was against us in one of my games when I was coaching back in the 80's when playing out of region one night, except I was coaching girl's.

Looks like Terry Nelson with the call and one of his better one's at that...

No way an official can miss a call like that is that. The least he could have done was a no call.

I saw one at the state tournament, I think in '99, that was just as bad as this one. Scott County's Hundley went over the back of a Paducah Tilghman player, who was blocking out for a rebound. The whistle blew and Hundley even held his hand up that he fouled. But the ref called the foul on the kid who was blocking out Hundley to get position for the rebound.:confused: And it was late in the 4th quarter of a tight game. That is one of the loudest booing episodes from the crowd that I have ever heard at Rupp during the state tourney, and it went on quite a while after the game was over.

I saw one at the state tournament, I think in '99, that was just as bad as this one. Scott County's Hundley went over the back of a Paducah Tilghman player, who was blocking out for a rebound. The whistle blew and Hundley even held his hand up that he fouled. But the ref called the foul on the kid who was blocking out Hundley to get position for the rebound.:confused: And it was late in the 4th quarter of a tight game. That is one of the loudest booing episodes from the crowd that I have ever heard at Rupp during the state tourney, and it went on quite a while after the game was over.

 

I don't know the play so I'm not arguing with you. However, the "over the back" and "blocking out" rules are some of the most misunderstood rules in basketball by fans.

I think without a doubt that the worst missed call in Kentucky High School basketball history goes to the "blocked shot" against Holmes in the state championship game many years ago. That clip is funny though.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.