BGP Scholarships Available Here (ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT)

Mr.Network

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, awesome. We are all going to need to put our heads together on this one.

h.s.sportsrbest, do you want to do this along with Mr.N? If so, the two of you (and the anonymous member) need to decide exactly what you want to do. Whatever you guys think is fine with me.

Boyle County

1963- Went 9-0 record with coach Jim Farley. Were not allowed to play in play-offs because it was their first year.

1965- District Champions. Went 6-2-2 with coach Dennis Sexton; Allowed 534 Rushing Yards

1966- Went 7-1-2 with coach Dennis Sexton; Allowed 1,109 Yards

1967- Went 0-10 with coach Jim Greer

1968- Went 0-10 with coach Jim Greer

1969- Went 9-1-1 with coach John Buchanan

1970- Went 5-6 with coach John Buchanan

1971- Went 3-7-1 with coach John Buchanan

1972- Went 1-10 wiht coach John Buchanan

1973- Went 7-4 with coach John Buchanan

1974- Went 8-3 with coach Ed Rall

1975- Went 9-2 with coach Ed Rall; Allowed 191 Passing Yards

1976- CKC Bowl Champions Went 10-2 with coach Ed Rall

1977- District Champion Went 8-4 with coach Ed Rall

1978- CKC Bowl Runner Up Went 6-5 with coach Ed Rall

1979- CKC Champions Went 9-1 with coach Ed Rall

1980- Went 7-3 with coach Ed Rall

1981- Went 6-4 with coach Ed Rall

1982- District and CKC Champions went 8-3 with coach Ed Rall

1983- Went 5-5 with coach Ed Rall

1984- Went 3-8 with coach Ed Rall

1985- Went 4-7 with coach Ed Rall

1986- Went 7-3 with coach Ed Rall

1987- Went 4-7 with coach Ed Rall

1988- Went 2-8 with coach Sam Burke

1989- Went 1-10 with coach John Griggs

1990- Went 3-8 with coach John Griggs

1991- Went 1-9 with coach John Griggs

1992- 3rd in District Went 7-4 with coach Chuck Smith

1993- Went 2-8 with coach Chuck Smith

1994- Quarter Finals Went 9-4 with coach Chuck Smith

1995- Quarter Fianls Went 10-3 with coach Chuck Smith

1996- Semi-Finals Regional Champions Went 11-3 with coach Chuck Smith; Had 762 Offensive Plays

1997- District and Semi Finals Went 11-1 with coach Chuck Smith: Bart Johnson had a 63.3% Pass Compleation rate

1998- Went 7-5 with coach Chuck Smith: Bart Johnson had 2,775 Passing Yards, 377 Passing Attempts, and 206 Passing Compleations

1999- State Champions Went 15-0 With coach Chuck Smith: Matt Quinn had 5 Blocked Punts

2000- State Champions Went 15-0 With coach Chuck Smith: Taylor Begley kicked 17 fied goals, 97 Extra Points; Jeff Duggins had a 64.5% Pass Compleation rate; Scored a total of 797 points, Averaged 53.1 points pre game, Had 7,163 Total Offensive Yards; Allowed 797 Rushing Yards

2001- State Champions Went 15-0 With coach Chuck Smith: David Jennings kicked 91 Extra Points; Jeff Duggins had a 66% Pass Compleation rate, Threw for 40 Touchdowns; Allowed 1,559 yards, Allowed 556 Rushing Yards

2002- Currently District and Regional Champions Going at 11-2 with coach Chuck Smith

**TOTALS**

Win Lost Tied

258-174-6

3 CKC Bowl Chapionships

8 District Championships

6 Regional Championships

3 State Championships

hssportsrbest and an anonymous member have agreed to match what I am doing. The latest match has come from birdsfan.

That makes 20 scholarships available for 2003.

GURU is right, I envision it as an essay. Rebfootball has good information and that may be good enough to win but it would be better told as a story.

Rebfootball, your inbox is full.

You asked what I think you should change about your post.

Do you have any information other than the results and coaches? I would do it season-by-season, highlighting the big games and top players. Put it in paragraph form, like an essay. The 0 for 10 seasons don't need as much written about them as the 15-0 ones.

Good Luck.

Question: Is it possible to document the recent history of a school's football history, say the past ten years, and still be considered for one of these scholarships? I just dont have the resources to get the entire history of my school's footbal history because it is so long...but if given the past ten years could do an exceptional job. This arguement also holds clout in that since this contest is catered to high school and college students,,, we wont be as familiar with the distant past games as older members of the board.

I would really love to win this because I thoroughly enjoy this site but when payment time comes near I don't know if I will be able to cut it,, I have alot of expenses in life right now and with all the responsibilities that go alogn with my college life it would make matters hard. I also guarantee if we can do it over the past ten years I will not disappoint you one bit.

well i am a full time student at the university of kentucky, i graduated from the fine school of montgomery county high school in 2000, although we have not fielded winning teams in the last few years we really got the job done in the mid 90's, twice we lost in the region or semi-finals of 3A, we lost once to hopkinsville and we ended up getting the loss reversed a few years later because it was discovered that hopkinsville's star tailback ( i won't say his name) was older than the khsaa's legal limit of 19years 9 months at the time of the contest, so in theory we were named runner up, i remember a battle deep in the playoffs with paducah tilghman and their star rb brandon warfield, it was a great game

our team operated from the wing t that year, we had a hardnosed powerful fullback, two quick running backs and a very athletic qb, we would usually run but occasionaly throw the bomb to burn the d from putting 8 in the box,

the previous year we ran a scheme that few teams have ever run (a no quarterback offense) how does this work you say, well we would normally line up with two backs in the pro-formation and the center would snap it to one of them, he could run, pitch, pass, option, whatever, it was awesome

that is it for montgomery county (where i went) but i will include a few details about the former city school where my dad attended , the mt. sterling trogans (the school merged with montgomery co in the 70's) a book has recently been written about their state champion team which occured a few decades ago, my grandad played in the state tournament b-ball for mt. sterling high and i am constantly asking him about it

Finally, i must say i love high school football, i spent my first two years in college in florida and although i saw some great football every friday, it was nothing like the atmosphere at kentucky high school football games, i try to pick a game and go every week, only two more to go,

thanks again

the site is wonderful and i love the no profanity and no trash talking rules, it is nice to have something to do in this world that is not littered with filth

GURU, it looks like we are now up to 25 scholarships:

Me- 5

Anonymous- 5

Birdsfan- 5

hssportsrbest-5

Admiral and WhoYaWith-5

I set the deadline for this coming Wednesday. Do we need to expand the deadline as well as the rules? Some of the contributors are planning on the selections being made before the end of the football season so that we can sign up the winners at the $3.99 rate.

Give us some guidance.