Voters have spoken: Give Tebow the Heisman, again

BoondockSaint

Tebow has done everything else, why not win back-to-back Heismans? That's the Florida quarterback's next accomplishment according to the results of a comprehensive polling of 32 Heisman voters by CBSSports.com this week. The voters -- all media members -- selected Tebow over Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford by a scant seven points. Texas quarterback Colt McCoy was third. The poll represents approximately 3.5 percent of the 925 Heisman voters. In selecting voters, CBSSports.com tried to achieve a balance by getting participants from all regions of the country.

Official Heisman ballots are due Wednesday but there still doesn't seem to be a national consensus. In fact, the narrow margin in this sampling suggests that the Heisman vote might be among the closest votes in history.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11161976

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Colt McCoy should be the only other one than Tebow that it could go to and in my mind be legit. Both Tebow and McCoy lead their teams to sucsesful seasons, McCoy does not have the caliber of athletes around him that Tebow (or Bradford) does. McCoy basically was the Texas offense and lead his team in passing and rushing along with leading his Longhorns in beating Forida's opponet in the NC game head to head.

I would have no arguments with either (Tebow or McCoy) getting the Heisman this year.

I do think that this years vote my go down as the most narrow margin in the history of the award.

Bradford was better than McCoy this season. If Tebow doesn't win it, it has to go to Bradford.

I respect your opinion, and i'm going to ask what makes you believe that statement? McCoy was the leading rusher on his 11-1 team, completed over 70% of his passes, and he beat Sam Bradford.

I respect your opinion, and i'm going to ask what makes you believe that statement? McCoy was the leading rusher on his 11-1 team, completed over 70% of his passes, and he beat Sam Bradford.

:thumb: As I said, I would not argue with McCoy or Tebow winning the award. I personally am leaning a little towards McCoy for the very reasons that you have stated. That is jmo and is not fed by my dislike of Florida. Tebow I like. I cannot stand UF but cannot bring myself to dislike Tebow at all, he is the real deal and as good of aperson as he is a football player.

Bradford led on of the best offenses EVER. He should win, but it will likely go to Tebow. Both are deserving...