Would you want to be there?

HHSDad

Would you want to be at the execution of one who had killed a member of your family?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to be at the execution of one who had killed a member of your family?

• Yes, I want to see him actually executed.
    • No, I wouldn't want to be there for the execution.
    • I'm not sure what I would do.

The thread about Marco Chapman got me thinking. I know that Carolyn Marksberry is going to be at Chapman's execution today. She is the mother whos two children were stabbed to death by Chapman and herself left for dead.

So my questions is, if you were in a similar situation as Marksberry, would you want to see the execution carried out? Would it bring any closure or peace to you? Would you have any last words to share with him?

I don't want this to turn into a capital punishment argument. I'm asking the question primarily because I'm not sure what I would do in such a situation.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would want to be there and yes I'd have some finals words for him that I cannot share here on BGP.

As twisted as it sounds, seeing someone that caused me that much pain die would bring some closure. If I were allowed, I'd want to pull the lever or be the person to do the injection.

Of course this is all hypothetical. I can't truly say what I would feel until I were in her position.

Of course this is all hypothetical. I can't truly say what I would feel until I were in her position.

That's a point I should have made. How we feel now vs. how we would feel were we to actually be in that situation could be miles apart.