Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Would Patrick Patterson Start at UNC?

Would Patterson Start at UNC 94 members have voted

  1. 1. Would Patterson Start at UNC

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Did Williams recruit PP?

 

He final 3 schools considered were UK, FL, Duke. UNC, Wake and Virginia were all after him. He was considered an ACC type player in the recruiting digests at the time.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think PP has the offense that Thompson does. That sweet turn around, fade away looked nice on the baseline.

Maybe if UNC didn't like to run as much as they do... Otherwise, no.

Maybe if UNC didn't like to run as much as they do... Otherwise, no.

 

Contrary to how he played the other night Patterson can run very well. Its one of his strengths. I will say this. Patterson did not play well on defense the other night and IMO did not play as hard as he needs to.

Patterson would be better on the strength that he would face better player in practice.

I have to admit, I saw flashes Randolph Morris...

Contrary to how he played the other night Patterson can run very well. Its one of his strengths. I will say this. Patterson did not play well on defense the other night and IMO did not play as hard as he needs to.

 

:thumb:

I have to admit, I saw flashes Randolph Morris...

 

Yuck:cry:

 

He does take plays off on D, which was a concern when he was being recruited. He can be a complete player, but he gets frustrated when he does not get the ball and he takes out his frustration on the defensive side, including not playing D or making stupid fouls

Patterson would be better on the strength that he would face better player in practice.

 

Great point, there is NOONE to push him:thumb:

I don't think PP has the offense that Thompson does. That sweet turn around, fade away looked nice on the baseline.

 

Patterson does not have a picture perfect shot, but he makes it (ala 8-8). I completely disagree that PP does not have the same O. He has every shot. He actually shoots a high percentage from 10' in

Patterson does not have a picture perfect shot, but he makes it (ala 8-8). I completely disagree that PP does not have the same O. He has every shot. He actually shoots a high percentage from 10' in

 

Thompson has more range than PP and has more shots in his arsenal.

 

The reason I think Thompson would start over PP is because PP is more like Tyler and Thompson brings a different demension to the game. PP would be a valuable part of the Heels if he was there and would log in his share of minutes.:thumb:

Who knows? Seriously.

 

How can we say for sure that Patterson would or would not start? It seems that the real question boils down to PP vs. Thompson.

 

According to rivals, Thompson was a 4-star and PP was a 5-star. Didn't bother looking at scouts. The point being, both were highly touted coming into college, so both are obviously talented guys.

 

Second, PP walked into UK as "the man". BCG has made it clear that PP is the centerpiece he's building around. UNC has been loaded ever since Thompson set foot on campus and Hansbrough has been there the whole time. There's no real way to quantify the impact their supporting casts have had on their stats, performance, etc.

 

And, finally, as already mentioned, we're talking about different coaches, different styles and philosophies...who knows if PP would fit Williams' style better than Thompson?

 

I think PP is talented enough to start for UNC, because I would consider him, at the least, equally as good as Thompson. But, there's more to consider than that.

The answer to the poll question is yes, I believe he would.

Who knows? Seriously.

 

How can we say for sure that Patterson would or would not start? It seems that the real question boils down to PP vs. Thompson.

 

According to rivals, Thompson was a 4-star and PP was a 5-star. Didn't bother looking at scouts. The point being, both were highly touted coming into college, so both are obviously talented guys.

 

Second, PP walked into UK as "the man". BCG has made it clear that PP is the centerpiece he's building around. UNC has been loaded ever since Thompson set foot on campus and Hansbrough has been there the whole time. There's no real way to quantify the impact their supporting casts have had on their stats, performance, etc.

 

And, finally, as already mentioned, we're talking about different coaches, different styles and philosophies...who knows if PP would fit Williams' style better than Thompson?

 

I think PP is talented enough to start for UNC, because I would consider him, at the least, equally as good as Thompson. But, there's more to consider than that.

 

I think this sums it up!

Who knows? Seriously.

 

How can we say for sure that Patterson would or would not start? It seems that the real question boils down to PP vs. Thompson.

 

According to rivals, Thompson was a 4-star and PP was a 5-star. Didn't bother looking at scouts. The point being, both were highly touted coming into college, so both are obviously talented guys.

 

Second, PP walked into UK as "the man". BCG has made it clear that PP is the centerpiece he's building around. UNC has been loaded ever since Thompson set foot on campus and Hansbrough has been there the whole time. There's no real way to quantify the impact their supporting casts have had on their stats, performance, etc.

 

And, finally, as already mentioned, we're talking about different coaches, different styles and philosophies...who knows if PP would fit Williams' style better than Thompson?

 

I think PP is talented enough to start for UNC, because I would consider him, at the least, equally as good as Thompson. But, there's more to consider than that.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.