Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle Co. 34 Greenup County 14

Featured Replies

Musketeers you made me very proud tonite - you gave it your all and you left it all on the field - I'm proud of all the boys - Seniors - I love you guys

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like it was a good hard fought game by both teams. Congratulations Rock!

Any details?

No not really. I just heard that #22 did not play much offense 2nd half due to (hopefully) just deep bruise to upper thigh. I do not like to hear of anyone getting hurt.

So who does Rockcastle have next, and where?

Any stats from the game? Who looked good for both teams?

Congratulations ROCK and I hope #22 Casey Hayes is fine and I hope to see him in action next week against Bell.

Tough loss for GCHS. I was hoping that you would pull this one out.

Keep your heads up GC players and work hard towards next season.:thumb:

Rockcastle went up early 21-0 and then seemed to lose focus. The harder it rained, the more focus seemed to be lost. The fourth quarter they allowed 14 points to be run up on them and Greenup had the ball with 9 minutes left on the Rockcastle 30 and the game yet to be determined with the score at 28-14. The Rock boys found some backbone and came up with some plays and finally drove the ball down the field to pick up six points (PAT failed). The backup to Hayes turned on in the second half with more than 150 yards rushing and most of those coming up in that fourth quarter when said backbone materialized. The Rockcastle coaches showed some class by taking a knee on the five yard line with a minute to go to prevent running up the score any more. Hayes should be fine, they didn't want to chance hurting him worse from what I hear and it being cold and rainy as it was.

Greenup has a few fine athletes in the quarterback (Kraft or Craft?) and Smith as well as the one they called Joe Bob. (couldn't catch the last name...Slate or Sladesomething) In my opinion there seemed to be some internal troubles with Greenup as a player of the team was heard being pretty loud and ornery toward one of his own coaches. This was heard by several people near the visitors section. Get your house lined out and I think that you all have the makings for a very good team.

Now on to Log Mountain for the Rock, good luck boys and get focused for a tough game.

Good Luck to Greenup as well on next season, hope you get your problems ironed out.

A note to Ram. I just read back to yesterday's thread on this game that was locked. The stands were fine and plenty of room...just lacked a roof! :D The only time we got up was during halftime for smoke/bathroom break, because of the rain and cold. The rest of the time me and Mamagrit were piled up under an umbrella under blankets:thumb:, especially in the second half.

Well we might not have won but I believe the blow out that everyone predicted did not happen either I think that the GREENUP boys played a very good game. Some impressive tackles by Joebob Greenslate :ylsuper:and Terry Waugh.:banana: I hope that Corey Lyle is doing okay he was took to the hospital for a concussion. Seniors I know it was your last game and I think everyone was proud of your efforts last night:thumb:. Now on to the next season with a NEW COACH,and I predict a lot more WINS on our side. Proud of all you boys and see you next season..... WE LOVE THE MUSKETEERS!!!!

Well we might not have won but I believe the blow out that everyone predicted did not happen either I think that the GREENUP boys played a very good game. Some impressive tackles by Joebob Greenslate :ylsuper:and Terry Waugh.:banana: I hope that Corey Lyle is doing okay he was took to the hospital for a concussion. Seniors I know it was your last game and I think everyone was proud of your efforts last night:thumb:. Now on to the next season with a NEW COACH,and I predict a lot more WINS on our side. Proud of all you boys and see you next season..... WE LOVE THE MUSKETEERS!!!!

 

 

Were is the current coach going????

Joe Bob Greenslate was the man last night. He played the whole second half with a leg injury, but toughed it out. You cant ask for a better performance from a senior in his last game. Over 2O tackles is amazing, against any team, but to do it in the playoffs against a team of Rockcastles talent was truley one of the best games I have ever seen by a linebacker.

Were is the current coach going????

 

He is giving notice Monday morning is what he told the players in the locker room after the game not sure if he was fired or just quit don't know where he is going or who will be taking his place yet.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.