Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Letcher Central 34 Southwestern 6

Featured Replies

Total domination by the Cougars. 301 yards rushing. Warriors special teams and mistakes killed them.

Cougars came out and took care of business. Charlie Banks had three rushing TD's to raise his total TD count to 39 for the year. Greg Collins had 9 carries for 162 and a score. Cougar defense only allowed Southwestern across the 50 once in the 1st half. Cougars look towards Mercer next week in what should be a good one.

This score shocks me.:confused:

  • Author

Never was the game in question. The shock was how bad the Warriors looked. I expected more.

SW looked awful. Im not sure I've ever seen a team execute more poorly than they did tonight. I am completely blown away by how bad SW played but maybe i just expected too much from them.

  • Author

Some of it was the weather, some was the Cougars, and the most part game preparation.

Thought Southwestern would have given LC more of a game than that.

Agree with the surprised SW comments. I thought they would put up a better showing. Good year, sad to see it come to an end like this

Some of it was the weather, some was the Cougars, and the most part game preparation.

 

I would have to somewhat disagree with that statement; although it certainly didn’t look like it, SW had a great week of pra. They (coaching staff) put together a great game plan. The problem and the problem of the last 2 yrs, the players didn’t execute. If you turn the ball over, and get beat on special teams, you will lose esp. against a good team.

 

I've said it before the coaches can't throw, catch, block or tackle; they can only put the players in the right spot (Captain Obvious over here). It’s up to the players to make the play. I'm sorry I’m not going to sugar coat it like so many others do, the players came out not ready to go. Some would say "well that’s the coach’s fault." Yes to a point it is, but it’s the playoffs, and if you can't get yourself ready for that, then no one can. The rain seemed to be on the mind of most instead of catching the Kickoffs, or blocking # 86, catching passes or playing football in general for that matter. Once again not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but at some point you've got to wonder if "selfishness" of a few drown (no pun intended) the play of everyone.

 

LCC showed outstanding hospitality and a great fball atmosphere. Good luck to LCC, they have a heck of a team, and GREAT football facilities.

Total domination by the Cougars. 301 yards rushing. Warriors special teams and mistakes killed them.

 

That seemed to be the Warrior's achilles heel all season. What happened with their special teams this season? There was a lot of talent on their roster to have went a combined 9-12 the last 2 seasons. They do have a lot of young talent on the roster and hopefully will come back better next season. Good luck to LCC the rest of the way.

I think that Letcher's district may have been tougher than many thought. This score surprised me. Great performance by the Cougars. Wow.

Unfortunately this one turned out as I was afraid it would. The bad snap on the punt early in the first quarter that gave Letcher a saftey seemed to set the tone of the game. Letcher was much more ready to play. They dominated both sides of the line. Had the Southwestern coaches given up hope when they stopped putting anyone back to return punts. Both the players and coaches should share the blame. I really feel bad for most of the players, while they had a lot of tallent alot of other teams have a lot of tallent as well. I think one of the problems was they were led to think they were great before the season even started, not their fault. When you talk about all of the talent on this team I wonder why they were playing two freshmen at linebacker. While I'm sure these kids have a great future they were usually taken out of the play. It makes you wonder if the coaches had the right people in the right places. The same can be said about some other spots as well. Best of luck to the Seniors, I wish the season had turned out better, I'm sure you worked really hard. The Warrior football team has earned alot of respect over the years, it's sad to see what has happened in the last two years. I hope Coach A can make the necessary changes when he starts working on next year, and look back at what has caused the program to slide.

That seemed to be the Warrior's achilles heel all season. What happened with their special teams this season? There was a lot of talent on their roster to have went a combined 9-12 the last 2 seasons. They do have a lot of young talent on the roster and hopefully will come back better next season. Good luck to LCC the rest of the way.
They have only won seven games in the last wo years.
I would have to somewhat disagree with that statement; although it certainly didn’t look like it, SW had a great week of pra. They (coaching staff) put together a great game plan. The problem and the problem of the last 2 yrs, the players didn’t execute. If you turn the ball over, and get beat on special teams, you will lose esp. against a good team.

 

I've said it before the coaches can't throw, catch, block or tackle; they can only put the players in the right spot (Captain Obvious over here). It’s up to the players to make the play. I'm sorry I’m not going to sugar coat it like so many others do, the players came out not ready to go. Some would say "well that’s the coach’s fault." Yes to a point it is, but it’s the playoffs, and if you can't get yourself ready for that, then no one can. The rain seemed to be on the mind of most instead of catching the Kickoffs, or blocking # 86, catching passes or playing football in general for that matter. Once again not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but at some point you've got to wonder if "selfishness" of a few drown (no pun intended) the play of everyone.

 

LCC showed outstanding hospitality and a great fball atmosphere. Good luck to LCC, they have a heck of a team, and GREAT football facilities.

 

It really is a great place to watch a football game. Congrats to LCC!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.