Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Week Eleven

Featured Replies

^Yeah that wasn't a very good draft :lol:.

  • Replies 137
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Are they both above me based on divisional record?
Head to head record and then total points.
  • Author

Last year in the Expansion League we had an epidemic of teams submitting in lineup and their opponents were getting free wins that the didn’t have to compete for. So we implemented “The Field” rule that states: “If a team fails to turn in a lineup and is receiving a zero for that week, it is not fair to the remainder of the league for a player to get a free win because no one is scoring again them. In that case, their opponent score will be the average of the scores of the 14 teams in their Conference not involved in this game, rounded to the nearest whole number. If it is an Inter-Conference game, then it will be the average of the 30 teams not involved.”

 

This has worked fine until now. This week the BG Trash Talkers played “The Field” due to the Northern Kentucky Pigskin Prowlers not turning in a lineup and lost to “The Field” for the second time in three weeks. The difference this week is that the Trash Talkers would have defeated ANY lineup that the Prowlers turned in.

 

I feel it is not fair for any team to get a loss against “The Field” when they would have out scored any lineup that their opponent could have turned in.

 

Your thoughts.

Last year in the Expansion League we had an epidemic of teams submitting in lineup and their opponents were getting free wins that the didn’t have to compete for. So we implemented “The Field” rule that states: “If a team fails to turn in a lineup and is receiving a zero for that week, it is not fair to the remainder of the league for a player to get a free win because no one is scoring again them. In that case, their opponent score will be the average of the scores of the 14 teams in their Conference not involved in this game, rounded to the nearest whole number. If it is an Inter-Conference game, then it will be the average of the 30 teams not involved.”

 

This has worked fine until now. This week the BG Trash Talkers played “The Field” due to the Northern Kentucky Pigskin Prowlers not turning in a lineup and lost to “The Field” for the second time in three weeks. The difference this week is that the Trash Talkers would have defeated ANY lineup that the Prowlers turned in.

 

I feel it is not fair for any team to get a loss against “The Field” when they would have out scored any lineup that their opponent could have turned in.

 

Your thoughts.

I agree completely. :thumb:

Could you give the team without a lineup a loss but use the previous weeks lineup instead of the field? That still puts you up against there players and still gives that team a loss. If that uses bye week players then so be it.

Head to head record and then total points.

 

Oh okay...I am sure I could have eventually found all that out on my own.

Could you give the team without a lineup a loss but use the previous weeks lineup instead of the field? That still puts you up against there players and still gives that team a loss. If that uses bye week players then so be it.

 

I kind of like this as well. That is what happens in a Yahoo league if you don't remember to change your players. This is much better than a Yahoo league of coarse, but I feel it could solve the problem more easily.

 

I feel it is not fair for any team to get a loss against “The Field” when they would have out scored any lineup that their opponent could have turned in.

 

Your thoughts.

 

I agree....I think he should have a win.

I agree, the Prowlers overall potential score should definately factor into the equation.

I just decided to take a look at my draft, wow is all I can say, can't wait till next year when I have an idea what I'm doing:lol:

 

 

2.02 3. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

3.07 14. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Jones, Felix DAL RB ®

4.10 33. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Boss, Kevin NYG TE

5.07 46. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Harrison, Marvin IND WR

6.10 65. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Taylor, Chester MIN RB

7.07 78. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Giants, New York NYG Def

8.10 97. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Smith, Steve NYG WR

9.07 110. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Leinart, Matt ARI QB

10.10 129. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Jones, Jacoby HOU WR

11.07 142. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Gould, Robbie CHI PK

12.10 161. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Sweed, Limas PIT WR ®

13.07 174. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Rhodes, Dominic IND RB

14.10 193. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB

15.07 206. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Pittman, Antonio STL RB

16.10 225. Paducah Rabbit Fists ® Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR

 

 

Rounds 3&4 almost cost me my season

 

 

You waited until round 14 to actually add an impact player, overall may have been your best pick and he's a backup.

Stick, I sent a counter offer.

You waited until round 14 to actually add an impact player, overall may have been your best pick and he's a backup.

 

:lol: I've got like Rhodes, Goulde, Jones and Giants D on my roster now, the rest are gone

 

 

Lucky for me I've played teams when they've had down weeks and I've found some decent players on waiver and made a few trades, I think I've locked up a spot next year barring some strange turn of events and I know next year I'll def be going RB with my first 2 picks!

I figured I'd go ahead a pick up Brady and hope I make it to next year...

Should I start BenJarvus Green-Ellis or Jerious Norwood this week? lol...I am tired of this dilemma of not having two stud RB's lol

At least ya got 1, Im riding Green-Ellis, Ray Rice and Rhodes the rest of the way lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.