Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 2A - Owen County @ Newport Central Catholic

Who Wins? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Newport Central Catholic
      88%
      54
    • Owen County
      11%
      7

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

Playoff Appearance: 28th

All-time Record: 49-24

 

Owen County Rebels

Playoff Appearance: 9th

All-time Record: 1-8

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

None

 

***I didn't see a thread on this game; if there is, please merge***

Newport Catholic 70-0.

Newport Catholic 70-0.
It won't be in the 70's but I bet it will be in the 40's that is usually when Schneider lets up a little .

NCC 42 - 0.

Newport Catholic 70-0.

 

I can't remember a NewCath team ever scoring 70 pts.

I would hope that Schneider wouldn't keep the 1's in long enough to score 70 but sadly enough, against this team, the 2's and 3's may do just that. Who are we to tell the back ups to not play hard. They wait all year to get their shot especially in the playoffs. I do think that the Breds will be riding high off their big win of former district foe Beechwood.

I can't remember a NewCath team ever scoring 70 pts.
I can't remember ever a need to !
I can't remember ever a need to !

 

Good point.

Not needing to is one thing, avoiding it is another. NCC should keep their 1's in the game at least until half-time, maybe one series of O and two on D in the second half, they have to be thinking of keeping their 1's in, as they are going to be needing that conditioning in a few weeks.

 

42-0 at the half

 

55-13 final.

NCC wins this one...but I had to vote in the poll for Owen County as I am related to Coach Fowler of Owen County. His kids will play hard, but going up against NCC is going to be rough in his first year as head coach and 1st ever playoff game. Hope the score isn't too bad and no one gets hurt on either side Friday night.

 

On a side note...does anyone know if NCC's radio station broadcasts the games over the internet.

On a side note...does anyone know if NCC's radio station broadcasts the games over the internet.

 

NCC doesn't have a radio station broadcast. Heck, we don't even have our own football field. We rent Newport High School's field for home games.

Gotta go with NewCath on this one.

 

NewCath 45

Owen County 6

Very tough matchup for Owen Co. --Just as it would be for 98% of any 2A school----I hope that both teams come away healthy without any major injuries. Good Luck to both.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.