3A Championship Predictions

EKUAlum05

Seems as though there has been some chatter interrupting other threads so lets hear it...

Who do you expect to see in the 3A Finals?

Will it be a re-match of last season with Belfry and Central? Who can knock these favorites off? Mason County, Breathitt, or Russell in the East? North Oldham, Elizabethtown, and Russellville in the West?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting in 3A.........

A very solid pick in the 1 and 2 spot in Central or Belfry.

Then Breathitt and Mason Co. holding firm in the 3 and 4 spots.

Your finals will be Central vs one of the other 3 ( above ).

Would be hard for Mason Co. or Breathitt to pull of 2 upsets.

Russell just won't be there. Not to say that they couldn't get past Mason Co. but the buck would stop right after that.

Out west ? Don't know much except from what I have read about. Central is the defending state champs and not much has changed.

Good luck to all the team involved ! Can't wait to see how it a plays out !

Interesting in 3A.........

A very solid pick in the 1 and 2 spot in Central or Belfry.

Then Breathitt and Mason Co. holding firm in the 3 and 4 spots.

Your finals will be Central vs one of the other 3 ( above ).

Would be hard for Mason Co. or Breathitt to pull of 2 upsets.

Russell just won't be there. Not to say that they couldn't get past Mason Co. but the buck would stop right after that.

Out west ? Don't know much except from what I have read about. Central is the defending state champs and not much has changed.

Good luck to all the team involved ! Can't wait to see how it a plays out !

They have to get past Belfry to get to Mason Co. That's not going to happen.

If I saw right yesterday on the KHSAA site Belfry and Mason Co. were both 5-0 in the region and 4-0 in district play. I take it that Belfry would get home field advantage due to them being undefeated if they were to meet in a few weeks. Or do they play on a neutral field, say Morehead or Eastern KY, and would a neutral field be better for all teams playing for a regional title. Not trying to stir up anything, just asking a question.

If I saw right yesterday on the KHSAA site Belfry and Mason Co. were both 5-0 in the region and 4-0 in district play. I take it that Belfry would get home field advantage due to them being undefeated if they were to meet in a few weeks. Or do they play on a neutral field, say Morehead or Eastern KY, and would a neutral field be better for all teams playing for a regional title. Not trying to stir up anything, just asking a question.

Belfry has homefield advantage until the State Finals if they keep winning.

I think a neutral field has merit, but it ain't going to happen this year. Belfry has a top notch facility with turf, if the other Regional Final teams want to play there that is fine with me. :lol:

Wow, Estill County goes 9-1 with only a 1 point loss at Breathitt and can't get any love at all on here.

Will they beat Breathitt in the re-match? Can they then make the drive to more than likely Belfry and beat the Pirates on their home field?

Estill has went 9-1 but they have ZERO signature victories except for their win over Harlan County.

Belfry over Central in the finals.

Of course, championships aren't won on message boards...that's why we all love the underdog(s)! ;)

Amen brother, that's why they have to playoffs and play the games. Belfry and Central still have to strap'em on and play before we coronate them prematurely. It will be tough to beat either one, but I wouldn't just discount any 1 or 2 seed at all.