Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville 84 NKU 69

Featured Replies

Samuels looks like a beast but I would like to see how he does against someone with a little more size. He was the only player on UL that impressed me tonight. Clark looked like he wasn't even trying. Sosa is FAST, WOW. 5 for NKU was on fire all night. He was fun to watch. Not a bad showing for the Norse. I saw a few fellow BGPers there. I agree with a lot of your "problems" Mustang. Another thing that bothered me was the lack of space from the seat in front of you. Trying to walk to the middle of the row was a challenge. Other than that I was impressed with the arena its very nice.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice showing for NKU, they are definitely heading in the right direction and will in time make the leap to D-1. I was very disappointed in Pitino and his attire on the sidelines. Kind of gave me the impression that this game didn't mean very much to him, or maybe he didn't really want to be there. Shirt and Ties with the coat are doned at all other games, and he comes out in that last night. Booooooo!

He didn't wear a tie at the last game either.

One other knit-pick on the arena would be that they need some kind of scoreboards in the corners of the arena or on the sides. The only scoreboard in the facility is the "big bertha" up high over the middle of the court, which from floor level, seemed to be waaaayyy too high, giving credence to my other comment of having to look up into those lights to check the score.

One other knit-pick on the arena would be that they need some kind of scoreboards in the corners of the arena or on the sides. The only scoreboard in the facility is the "big bertha" up high over the middle of the court, which from floor level, seemed to be waaaayyy too high, giving credence to my other comment of having to look up into those lights to check the score.

 

There are scoreboards in two of the four corners on the lower level. I was on floor level - actually in the auxilary press area - when I wasn't going back and forth between the media room to get printed boxscores at each media timeout and I thought that the scoreboard was fine. It's not as high as you think.

 

It was fun being able to sit in on all the interviews that were given post-game. Pitino's was interesting and he was very gracious - as was all the people brought back there - for the chance to play/coach in The Bank of Kentucky Center.

 

I'll have other comments about the game later. I'm still tired since I didn't actually get to leave the arean until 2:45 this morning. I was either at The Bank of Kentucky Center or Regents Hall from 11 a.m. Saturday morning until 2:45 a.m. Sunday morning. It was a LONG yet very rewarding day!!!

I thought the game last night was awesome. I had a great time and it was very cool to see our boys hang with Louisville for most of the game. As a student going to Regents for games the past couple years to now have this...I am pumped.

 

I thought Pitino looked classy, I kinda like the no tie look.

And I love our fans for chanting overrated at the end of the game...even though we lost, lol. The environment was great.

Not packed, but 7/8s full would probably be a good description.

 

They were in a Catch 22 by charging $30/$36 a head admission. While many tickets were given away, those casual fans who wanted to attend actually had to reach in their pockets and hand over that kind of cash. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on the pricing. This was because the "appearance fee" for Louisville to come play was in the vicinity of a half-mil. I am happy to see that the remaining home games on the schedule are a more realistic $7-$12.

 

There was a huge bottleneck following the game of the fans going down the steps to steet level. I'm sure in time we will learn other egress routes, but tonight it was bad to the point of being hazardous.

 

I think the price explanation you gave is exactly why the place wasn't full last night. That's a lot of money for tickets. There was an option to pre-order and I believe those were like 15-16 dollars. And they gave away 1,400 to students. But I definitely think that is why it wasn't full.

 

As for leaving the place...it was bad at the Alan Jackson/Trace Adkins concert the night before as well. I even made the comment that I hope nothing actually happens emergency wise there...could be bad. Looks beautiful though. And tailgating was a blast.

One other knit-pick on the arena would be that they need some kind of scoreboards in the corners of the arena or on the sides. The only scoreboard in the facility is the "big bertha" up high over the middle of the court, which from floor level, seemed to be waaaayyy too high, giving credence to my other comment of having to look up into those lights to check the score.

 

 

I was at the game as well. Very nice facility. I sat in the upper deck in section 207, row J (end court opposite student section). We could not see the centercourt scoreboard because the two women's National Champ banners hang a little too low. As far as someone's comment about no cupholders, most of the time cupholders are put on the back of the seat in front of you. In the section I was sitting it would not be possible to do that, the rows are just too steep. However, it's a first class arena and did get rather loud a few times. Can't wait for the 9th Region tourney.

Anyone know why Sorrell didn't play for NKU?

The environment was great.

 

 

 

It must have been in the shape you were in. LOL. As soon as I saw you I was like, "He is definitely feeling good and must have had a few drinks before coming in." LOL.

 

Oh we are having a good time.....work work all week long punching the clock..... wait a minute that would have been from Friday night. LOL.

 

I even told the person I sat next to that I'd have done the same things. That beer that you were holding most of the time looked awesome! LOL.

 

I also saw you saying something to the reporters right in front of you. LOL.

 

I would have liked to have been in the student section as well but obviously had to work. It seemed like the only time I had to sit down were 1-2 minute stretches on the clock.

Yeah I had a couple at the tailgate, lol. I am not sure what I said to the reporters, but it must not have been bad because I made it through the whole game. But yeah I was feeling pretty good.

 

The environment really was awesome though. I wish all of NKU games would be like that.

Just read this on the NKU athletics webpage...8,408 in attendance last night. I am going to say that's probably a record, lol.

I did my part watching from a new suite. Man that was nice considering it was only 10 minutes from my house. Never saw the bathrooms since we were using the one in the suite that could of housed an elephant. It was way oversized for a single bathroom. They could of utilized that extra space for a bigger frig for the beer!!!!:laugh:That was my only complaint!!!!:thumb: Maybe i can talk my friend into getting the suite for the HHS-Cov-Cath game. That should be interesting, he's from Cov-Cath and i'm from the obvious. Best part about the suite is, it is at mid-court!!!:dancingpa

I am famous, lol....check it out, a friend showed me this.

 

 

And Rick is saying to the ref "Seriously! Get that kid out of here! He's obviously blind, and I'm sick of his back-bench coaching!"

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.