The Shawshank Redemption

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that the first time you have seen it? It is definitely a great movie. I would be interested to read the book by Stephen King and see if it is any different. But, it's a great movie.
The book was great, it was really a short story. It was included with 3 other storys in the book "Different Seasons" by King.

In the book it is called "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption"

Also included in this 4 part book was "Apt Pupil" and "The Body" which later became the movie Stand By Me.

Anyone ever seen this movie? Me and my roommate got it from Netflix last night and watched it. It really has become of my favorite movies after I watched it. Just a GREAT movie.

Classic movie. Part of the jail scenes were filmed at Mansfield Prison in Ohio. The jail has been closed down for years but they still do haunted tours/overnights.

Anyone ever seen this movie? Me and my roommate got it from Netflix last night and watched it. It really has become of my favorite movies after I watched it. Just a GREAT movie.
Despite the fact that Timothy Robbins is the star, it's one of my all-time favorite movies!