The Shawshank Redemption

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There certain movies that I could watch over and over and never get tired of them, and Shawshank Redemption is one of those. Others are Cool Hand Luke, Die Hard, Fargo, Major League, Deliverence, Caddy Shack, Fletch, Lampoon's Vacation, Animal House, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Blazing Saddles, In The Heat Of The Night, and Dr. Strangelove, to name a few.

Interesting list. There are some movies that, whenever you are channel-surfing and stumble upon one of them, you just have to stop and watch. Virtually every one of the movies on your list, along with a few others (Pulp Fiction, for example), are on mine as well.

• 4 years later...

I did not realize that Morgan Freeman's son was in the the movie in 2 different roles. He played Red (Freeman's character) as a young man appearing before the parole officer. He also was with the group of prisoners when they were watching Andy get off the bus at the prison for the first time.

There certain movies that I could watch over and over and never get tired of them, and Shawshank Redemption is one of those. Others are Cool Hand Luke, Die Hard, Fargo, Major League, Deliverence, Caddy Shack, Fletch, Lampoon's Vacation, Animal House, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Blazing Saddles, In The Heat Of The Night, and Dr. Strangelove, to name a few.

I would add Papillon and The Godfather movies to my list, but we're on the same page.

For those that may not know.....in the book Dufrain's and Red's relationship was not all rosey, there were some really gross beginnings.

I'm going to guess that by "gross," you're referring to prison-type things that might happen when you drop your soap.