Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd County vs. Rowan County

Who wins? 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Boyd County
      48%
    • Rowan County
      51%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Any thoughts or predictions on this pivotal district matchup ? Mr. Moderator

please add a poll .

Poll added.

How pivotal is this game really? Boyd and Rowan share a 4 - 3 overall record with the Lions being 2 - 0 in district and Rowan 1 - 1. The one common game between the two is the Greenup Co game: Rowan is edged out by the score of 18 - 19; whereas Boyd shuts out the Musketeers 13 – 0.

 

I give the edge to the Lions in this one even with the game being played on Rowan’s field…that said, funny things can happen to teams on the road. If Rowan were to strike quickly, could Boyd respond under pressure and in a hostile arena?

The smart bet IMO is on Rowan County. They seem to be throwing a monkey wrench into everyone's plans up there in that district. That Rowan coach seems to have his teams act together and playing hard. It will be interesting to see what falls out of this matchup for the two teams that travel up from the south to play them in the playoffs.

This game will decide the district Championship and more importantly a game with McCreary instead of Rockcastle in the 1st round. That team could possibly be the only one to win a playoff game. Rowan's bad lose to Sheldon Clark does not appear to be a good sign for that district.

I don't know what to think of this Rowan Co. team. They lose to Greenup County, get crushed by Sheldon Clark, struggle early agaist East Carter only to come from behind to win, but destroy Lawrence County. I think it depends on what team shows up. Boyd county is coming off a bye week and should be hungry so I'll say Boyd wins a close one 22-21, but I wouldn't be shocked if Rowan wins at home. Good luck to both teams.

This game will decide the district Championship and more importantly a game with McCreary instead of Rockcastle in the 1st round. That team could possibly be the only one to win a playoff game. Rowan's bad lose to Sheldon Clark does not appear to be a good sign for that district.

 

Thanks for the love!:ylsuper:

This is another game I put as a W for Boyd at the beginning of the season, but these teams seem to be heading in opposite directions. With it being at Rowan, I have to pick against my team and go with Rowan 21-14. Hope I'm wrong.

Boyd County 28

 

Rowan County 20

I think BC shows what they're made of. It's getting close to play off time, time to get it clicking.

So, after this game we can get seriously into our playoff discussions?

 

Me and Papagrit are getting a little antsy.:lol:

If the Lions that went to Breathitt and Ashland show up at this game then the Vikings get an easy win, but if the other Lions team shows up, you know, the one Russell and Pike Central got a look at, then the Lions get another solid win. With the bye week to prepare and knowing the district title is on the line, I think Boyd County comes to town and plays a solid game.

Boyd wins this one. I believe that Boyd has the district all ready locked up since Greenup beat Rowan I could be wrong. I have been know to have wrong before.:laugh:

BC would like to prove to themselves that they are ready: BC 24-12

Who will it favor if rain is a factor

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.