Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Polamalu: Fines make NFL 'pansy game'

Featured Replies

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3646392

Polamalu says NFL's fines for hits more about money, not player safety

 

Troy Polamalu is usually soft-spoken off the field, hard-hitting on it. The recent rash of fines leveled at his Pittsburgh Steelers teammates has caused him to take a shot at the NFL, however.

 

The Steelers safety suggested Wednesday that the NFL is leveling fines for hits more for its own interest than that of the players.

 

"I think regarding the evolution of football, it's becoming more and more flag football, two-hand touch," Polamalu said. "We've really lost the essence of what real American football is about. I think it's probably all about money. They're not really concerned about safety."

 

 

BTW, Hines Ward has been fined twice the past 2 games for unnecessary roughness but in the game he never received a penalty for it. What's up with that?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's absolutely correct.

Ask Boldin if he took a Pansy hit?

 

An obvious exception, of course.

That's why I love guys like him, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed. They will rock your jaw if you come across their zone back there. To me that's what playing safety is all about! Ronnie Lott is still my all time favorite player and that's the mentality I tried to play with. You don't want your jaw rocked then don't try to catch a ball in my zone! That's football to me! I can understand trying to protect guys but don't run routes to hang them out if you don't want them hit.

That's why I love guys like him, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed. They will rock your jaw if you come across their zone back there. To me that's what playing safety is all about! Ronnie Lott is still my all time favorite player and that's the mentality I tried to play with. You don't want your jaw rocked then don't try to catch a ball in my zone! That's football to me! I can understand trying to protect guys but don't run routes to hang them out if you don't want them hit.

 

:thumb::thumb::fight:

I always have and always will despise anyone associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers. But he's right. Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned, smashmouth, slobberknocking football!?

I always have and always will despise anyone associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers. But he's right. Whatever happened to good ol' fashioned, smashmouth, slobberknocking football!?

 

I see Terry Tate when you said that!:lol:

Troy is 100% correct. :thumb:

That's why I love guys like him, Bob Sanders and Ed Reed. They will rock your jaw if you come across their zone back there. To me that's what playing safety is all about! Ronnie Lott is still my all time favorite player and that's the mentality I tried to play with. You don't want your jaw rocked then don't try to catch a ball in my zone! That's football to me! I can understand trying to protect guys but don't run routes to hang them out if you don't want them hit.

 

:thumb: Very well said.

I agree, got no beef with the guy either, in fact I think he should come to Cinci and play for us!:D:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I agree, got no beef with the guy either, in fact I think he should come to Cinci and play for us!:D:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Then he wouldn't want to hit anybody.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.