Top 10 players in Nky

ukfan14

Someone just informed as well on Isler's velocity.

I really do hope that is what he is pitching because he can guarantee himself a good education at a fine school and lets be real here, that is what these kids are working for. I think sometimes we get away from that but we need to realize that they aren't professionals here but they are playing and working hard to make a future for themselves and allow them opportunities to be successful in life. And it is even more important now in these troublesome economic times.

AMEN!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I'd always seen him a utility player? Although I guess they can be top players too...

I've seen the kid play. He doesn't have the greatest arm or bat in the world but he can flat fly.

I remember when tried for the Colonels about a year ago he ran 6.9 60.

He rivals the speed of former BW star Cody Elliot but yet Cody was a completely different than him. Cody has run a 6.5 60 time for the Colonels when he last played for them a year ago.

In agreeing with Baseballislife about Nutini, I was in no way trying to down play Isler. Ice will attend I hope Xavier, as I have have heard and seen the X staff at the Ky Colonels games talking about him and asking Walt to have him throw.

Personally I think this spring/summer you will see the real Zach Isler who after a major injury that years ago would have forced him or anyone out of baseball finally being physically and mentally healthy for the first time since his early sophomore year!

I don't take your comments as 'slighting' the kid...I have seen several kids who I've heard are big recruits, go 0 for 4 with 2 errors. He might fly out 3 times and K once....the fan sees a terrible hitter...the scout sees a kid get fooled on a strike out and come back unphased, make an adjustment, and hit a fly ball on the same pitch that hangs in the air for 5 seconds. Heck, I've seen Farris and Maile make horrible throws into the outfield...I might say, "that's not very impressive"...a scout might say, "nice reaction, good feet, 70 arm, etc...You walk away wondering what all the hype's about? Scouts don't care too much about the micro statistics....they look at the bigger picture... make up, projection (physical and mental), athleticism, arm strength, bat speed, body, smarts, ability to make pitch by pitch adjustments, is he a college kid, and most of all...signability (ie how little money can we get this kid for)...etc etc...

Excellent comments!! What fans see and what scouts might see can be two totally different reports.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think they are a shoe-in. But I do think they have a leg up on the other schools.

I was just making a point that with Cov Cath having alot of the top players in NKY, in this thread the top 3 out of 4, that they should win hands down. As we saw last year it doesn't always work out that way.

I was just making a point that with Cov Cath having alot of the top players in NKY, in this thread the top 3 out of 4, that they should win hands down. As we saw last year it doesn't always work out that way.

True. I think it is no question CCH is the favorite. And I also believe they SHOULD win. But like you said, it does not always work out that way. I'm pulling for them though. Two devastating losses in the region finals in the last two years.