Louisville 35 Memphis 28

TheDeuce

Doesn't have any thing to do with play calling...

Has lots to do with play calling, look how many players are gone over the last 2 years, and most of those players were the core of the talent. Give them a chance to get quality players who know how to follow rules in there and this will be a different team and we can go back to the Orange Bowl.

Has lots to do with play calling, look how many players are gone over the last 2 years, and most of those players were the core of the talent. Give them a chance to get quality players who know how to follow rules in there and this will be a different team and we can go back to the Orange Bowl.

He has PLENTY of athletes to make plays....PLENTY.

He has PLENTY of athletes to make plays....PLENTY.

No returning receivers of any significance, a qb who had only played in a handful of games, a defense that was left ravaged. Petrino got ought because he saw what was coming and what was coming wasn't helped by all the bad apples Krag ran off.

No returning receivers of any significance, a qb who had only played in a handful of games, a defense that was left ravaged. Petrino got ought because he saw what was coming and what was coming wasn't helped by all the bad apples Krag ran off.

The receivers we have are not that bad (Beaumont is the MAN, and when Chichester is on it's a little like the OLD Mario Urrutia, and of course with the return of Scott Long, we've got the experience right there.) The handful of games that Cantwell had been in prior to this season he performed really well. Maybe Petrino saw the implosion, but there was still no logical reason for it.

Also, was anyone else TICKED that they didn't try to go bowlin' on 4-1? How often has Brock been held to less than 1 yard? Seriously, Vic Anderson may be the best back on the team, but Brock Bolen is CLUTCH, every time.

The receivers we have are not that bad (Beaumont is the MAN, and when Chichester is on it's a little like the OLD Mario Urrutia, and of course with the return of Scott Long, we've got the experience right there.) The handful of games that Cantwell had been in prior to this season he performed really well. Maybe Petrino saw the implosion, but there was still no logical reason for it.

Also, was anyone else TICKED that they didn't try to go bowlin' on 4-1? How often has Brock been held to less than 1 yard? Seriously, Vic Anderson may be the best back on the team, but Brock Bolen is CLUTCH, every time.

I would trade the entire UK receiving corps not named Cobb or Lyons, and throw in Tony Dixon all in exchange for Beaumont.

t.

Yup...As you said Vic is a great back, but he shouldn't be in on 4th and 1.

What happened to the team we saw against K State? I'm really, really unhappy with Brohm right now, the offensive play calling has been flat out pitiful.

I agree.

It was clear to me early on that the RB of the night should have been Bolen. Anderson's shiftiness wasn't as effective against Memphis who is used to playing smaller backs, yet we only rarely tried to pound the ball. Cantwell did not play well and I'm not sure we got the ball to Beaumont more than once this game.