To Lawrence County players on this site.

jude

To the players of Lawrence County that read this site I just want to say thank you! I have been watching LC play for 20+ years and I have never been more proud of a group of players. Most fans come on here and say that all they really expect is for the players to play their best and win or lose they'll be happy. Well this year has tested that statement. Even with 0 wins so far I feel that the players have given 110% EVERY week and have come so close so many times only to be sent back to the drawing board for another try next week. Every Friday night I watch or listen to this team and smile at my wife after the game and say "Man they sure are a good team. They didn't win but they NEVER quit playing and they came so close to getting that first win. I can't wait till next week!"

Well I can't walk into the locker and tell you each thank you, but if any of you do read this site please tell the other players that the vast majority of your fans out there TRULY appreciate your effort and hard work every week. So in closing I say once again that all I expect is for my Bulldogs to take that field with pride and tradition and give your fans and yourself an honest 100% effort till the last tick of the clock! GOOD LUCK.:thumb:

As a Belfry fan, I echo your statements Jude. Lawrence Co is due for a win, and they have played hard and kept themselves in nearly every game they have played. Their schedule is no cupcake either, and they have performed well.

Good luck the rest of the way, Bulldogs. :thumb:

As a fan of high school football, I would like to encourage LC to keep working hard, stay positive and you guys will turn the corner. You have played a very respectable schedule and the experience you gain form good competition will pay off.

Best of luck to the Dawgs the remainder of this season.

Jude, this post/thread was a pleasure to read. ALL schools need more fans like you :thumb:.

I am obviously a Raceland fan but I have admired the LCHS program for years. The two (Raceland/LC) have had some real battles over the years. So, as an outsider I would tell the LCHS players to keep your heads up, working hard and good things will happen for you. To the LCHS fans, stay behind your team and support them all the way. LC has a good thing building there, has an excellent coaching staff and imo they will be back to the winning football you expect from the Bulldogs much sooner rather than later;).

There is a strong tradition at LC and the folks are like us in Raceland and love their football.

Good luck to the LCHS Bulldogs!!

I too have to agree, LC is a very good team who seems to have all the breaks go against them. I watched them come to Boyd County and knock my Lions around all night long, the score was nothing like the game. At the end of the game the emotions were hard, and looked to be taking it's toll on the Dawgs. Then the very next week, in the tradition of true winners, the Dawgs went back on the road and played with all they had again. Most teams don't keep playing after 2 or 3 staight losses, But this LC team doesn't have it in them to quit. I see them going places in the very near future. I think God rewards faith, and this team seems to have plenty.

I would like to take a minute to say a heartfelt thank you to all those who have posted in this thread. These boys have shown character and have taken every knock and bang possible but still keep going.

As a die hard supporter of LC and the new staff, I for one appreciate the kind words and the encouragement spoken by each of you.

To the players of Lawrence County that read this site I just want to say thank you! I have been watching LC play for 20+ years and I have never been more proud of a group of players. Most fans come on here and say that all they really expect is for the players to play their best and win or lose they'll be happy. Well this year has tested that statement. Even with 0 wins so far I feel that the players have given 110% EVERY week and have come so close so many times only to be sent back to the drawing board for another try next week. Every Friday night I watch or listen to this team and smile at my wife after the game and say "Man they sure are a good team. They didn't win but they NEVER quit playing and they came so close to getting that first win. I can't wait till next week!"

Well I can't walk into the locker and tell you each thank you, but if any of you do read this site please tell the other players that the vast majority of your fans out there TRULY appreciate your effort and hard work every week. So in closing I say once again that all I expect is for my Bulldogs to take that field with pride and tradition and give your fans and yourself an honest 100% effort till the last tick of the clock! GOOD LUCK.:thumb:

:thumb: Great post Jude!! You are what a true high school fan represents and I tip my hat to you. The kids from LC are fortunate to have you as a supporter.

Like others have stated, I also appreciate what "Bulldog Football" is all about and have followed LC for several years. I have several friends from LC including my wife::D so I always keep up with what is going on in Bulldog Country.

Keep working hard guys and always believe in what your coaches are teaching. Best of luck the rest of the season.

Jude we need more fans like you and great post.:ylsuper: