Ashland 35 Boyd County 0

LRCW

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until coach Evans learns the importance of defense and establishes something that resembles it, they'll not beat a good team. Congrats to the Tomcats on total domination of the Lions.

He needs some offense too, lol.:flame:

Edited by mcpapa
Rule 13

I really questioned my ability to judge if a team is good or not when I left the Ashland-Russell game this year. I had heard how Ashland wasn't very good again, but I really honestly thought the Tomcat team I saw on the field was really one of the better teams I have seen play in quite awhile. I am starting to think I'm not crazy as Ashland just seems to be getting better results every week. Very impressive shutout tonight of Boyd County. I would imagine it would be difficult to contain Wilson from breaking at least one run during the game. I can't wait to see how Ashland does in the upcoming weeks and on into the playoffs this year! I think they are going to surprise some people.

Ashland continues to improve. In all honesty, we really don’t know how good this Tomcat team is going to be. It’s safe to say however, that at least for now, this team will be known for what is becoming a downright nasty defense. Both O&D lines were sterling tonight and negated nearly everything the Lions served up. I haven’t seen any stats yet, but I do know that BC did not complete a single pass tonight…another great job by those guys in the trenches.

Offensively, the Cats scored on 4 of their first 5 possessions and were only a blink away from making it 5 out of 5. Alber and Carter ran all over the field through holes that a Buick could have fit through.

This was a sweet win; it always is when it’s against Boyd. Next week, district play resumes with Woodford coming to town.

Enjoy this one Tomcats, then back to work on Monday.

Good luck to BC the rest of the year.

I go to the Russell games because that's my team, but I really do want to find a week or two to get to see Ashland play again this season. They are an impressive team that plays with a lot of fire. I really am excited for them to see how they do against the "elite" teams in their district in the coming weeks. Keep playing the way you are Tomcats!

Way to go Tomcats!! What a show! :ylsuper:

The defense dominated throughout and the Offense rolled up 28 points in the first quarter, but didn't show a killer instinct or it could have been worse than 35-0.

Good luck to Boyd Co. the rest of the season. I think you will win your district.

Ashland is still not on some peoples radar, and I tell you, they are doing great. They were good in week one, and they are better in week six. Ashland has a great shot at one of the top two positions in their district, and winning some playoff games.

Congratulations to the Tomcats and keep it rolling.

I go to the Russell games because that's my team, but I really do want to find a week or two to get to see Ashland play again this season...

Stop by Putnam Stadium next Saturday evening...Ashland hosts Woodford Co in their 2nd district matchup of the season. Im looking for a game to attend next Friday.