Ashland 35 Boyd County 0

LRCW

Stop by Putnam Stadium next Saturday evening...Ashland hosts Woodford Co in their 2nd district matchup of the season. Im looking for a game to attend next Friday.

I'll come to the Ashland game, if you come to the Raceland game. Raceland plays a district game at Raceland versus Paris. Nothing better then a Raceland game Friday night and an Ashland game Saturday.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll come to the Ashland game, if you come to the Raceland game. Raceland plays a district game at Raceland versus Paris. Nothing better then a Raceland game Friday night and an Ashland game Saturday.

Perfect. H.S. football on two consecutive nights...I'll see you there Ram.

The Ashland-Woodford County game looks like it should be a good one according to Woodford County's record (4-2). This should be a good test for the Tomcats. I will try to make it to that one.

Unfortunately for you, though, it appears to be slim pickings in the area next Friday night. Russell is at Lewis County. Raceland hosts Paris. Both of the games should be over by the half. Greenup County at Boyd County might be your only shot at seeing a competitive game.

The Ashland-Woodford County game looks like it should be a good one according to Woodford County's record (4-2). This should be a good test for the Tomcats...

Unfortunately for you, though, it appears to be slim pickings in the area next Friday night. Russell is at Lewis County. Raceland hosts Paris. Both of the games should be over by the half...

You are so right about the Ashland vs. Woodford game being a “good test for the Tomcats”. IMO, the WC game will be Ashland’s most important game of the season thus far. Although it was satisfying to get that first district win under our belt in the Montgomery Co game, most of the hype in this district race speaks of Woodford and Johnson Central slugging it out for the championship. Ashland has yet to play either one of those teams and thereby in control of their own destiny…that will make for a good discussion in another thread.

As for the pickings next Friday, I think watching one of the premiere high school teams in the state, who just happens to be a stone’s throw away will make for a good evening of entertainment…besides, I will have all the drama I can handle on the following day.

The stats in the morning paper say a lot about this game.

First downs: Boyd-5, Ashland-17

Rushes/yards: Boyd-34/91, Ashland 33/310

Yds passing: Boyd-0, Ashland-35

Passing: Boyd Co. 0-8-2 Ashland 2-5-0

Ashland averaged 9.4 yards per carry. Carter had 15 carries for 145 yards, Alber 14 for 110 and DeMartino 5 for 50. Carter and Alber each had more yards than Boyd Co. had as a team.

Boyd Co. sensation Wilson was shut down. He had 11 caries for 30 yards.

This story is about Ashland's defense number one and Ashland's blue colar workman like offense.

Our big guys on the line do a great job on both sides of the ball.

The stats in the morning paper say a lot about this game.

First downs: Boyd-5, Ashland-17

Rushes/yards: Boyd-34/91, Ashland 33/310

Yds passing: Boyd-0, Ashland-35

Passing: Boyd Co. 0-8-2 Ashland 2-5-0

Ashland averaged 9.4 yards per carry. Carter had 15 carries for 145 yards, Alber 14 for 110 and DeMartino 5 for 50. Carter and Alber each had more yards than Boyd Co. had as a team.

Boyd Co. sensation Wilson was shut down. He had 11 caries for 30 yards.

This story is about Ashland's defense number one and Ashland's blue colar workman like offense.

Our big guys on the line do a great job on both sides of the ball.

Graybeard,

Nice job of you to see the O-line gets some attention. They sometimes get lost in the shuffle. It is good to see them get rewarded for all their hard work.

Congrats to the Tomcat line, your RB's thank you!!!!!:thumb:

I loved the total domination that the Tomcats exhibited last night. I was a little concerned with what seemed like a lack of concentration once they got out to the big lead. That having been said, I thought the coaching staff made excellent decisions by resting some of the dinged up players early which may have contributed to the penalties etc.

Hats off to the Tomcats. I knew they were a really good team when we played in week one, but I do believe that you have continued to work and improve. Keep up the good work and good luck next Saturday night.

P.S. Come on down to Raceland for a good district game Friday:thumb:

I love watching Ashland's defense and the way they swarm to the ball on every play. This group just seems to click, they work well together. We keep hearing all this talk about the defense so I'm going to put some names to that defense. Those seeing the most time on defense are Trent Hardy,Ryan Bonner, Taylor Walker, Stephen Burns, Blake McLeod, Josh Alber, Connor Swift, Bryant Combs, Dominic DeMartino, Josh Miller, Daniel McDavid. Keep up the good work guys--we're proud of you!:ylsuper:

Congrats to the Tomcats. I was unable to make last night's game because my little girl has had an upper resp. infection, and I was afraid to get her out in the cool weather last night. The Tomcats seem to be getting better and better each week. The Woodford County game will definitely be a huge test for the Tomcats, and will go a long way in deciding how the Tomcats finish in the district. Go Cats!!!!!!

Ashland wins for the 6th straight time over the Lions.

What is the Cats record vs BC over the last 20 years?

I do not have any facts, but my mind says its something like 17-3 or 18-2, can anyone confirm this or give me the actual records of these two teams over the last 20 or 25 years?

I believe that Ashland has destroyed the County over this time period.