Beechwood 35 Covington Catholic 21

mcpapa

As a alum, I can say it hasn't always been great being a CovCath fan. We have had good years and we have had down years but the one thing I have always seen from past CovCath teams (read coaching staffs) is that extra effort to win or at least to try to win games.

Numerous times tonight, it just seemed that Beechwood knew what play CovCath was going to call, so no matter how well the team executed the play, a B defender was there waiting to stop the play. The same thing on the D side of the ball! How many times have you seen a qb sneak for a TD from that far out? How many times did the wide open B player drop a ball before they finally caught one and ran it in for a TD!

That was a great call there by Rigdon... Nobody expected it, myself included.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I really feel that this game can't really be blamed on Brossart...yes there were a few things he could have done different, but what it came down to was CCH defense just can not hold up to the offenses its put up against. I don't know if it is their coordinator or their talent level, but thats just a simple unfortunate fact.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I thought that the Colonels held Tiepel in check, but Daniels ran all over them. Beechwood really needs to find a better passing game also.

Teams are gonna focus on the run game and make Bwood pass the ball to beat them..

To be honest I expected Beechwood to really hand it to CCH, but then again I only caught the fourth quarter..:confused:

The QB sneak for a long TD did seem odd.

FSN had a great shot of the play from behind it (great camera work FSN) and ran the replay. It showed the B lineman blocking one man, then the QB was gone untouched. No one and I mean no one was in sight.

FSN had a great shot of the play from behind it (great camera work FSN) and ran the replay. It showed the B lineup blocking one man, then the QB was gone untouched. No one and I mean no one was in sight.

I have to wonder if CCH had something mixed up on the d side of the ball on that one.

FSN had a great shot of the play from behind it (great camera work FSN) and ran the replay. It showed the B lineup blocking one man, then the QB was gone untouched. No one and I mean no one was in sight.

It was probable a good play call, or an audible that is practiced, but was odd. I was a center in my day, and if we spread the field against an even front and MLB walked out to cover or was offset do to formation, we audibled to a QB keeper up my but. It worked more then most people would think.

Good play call and demoralizing to a defense.

I wish I could have seen it on tape, hint hint, nudge nudge.

And I really feel that this game can't really be blamed on Brossart...yes there were a few things he could have done different, but what it came down to was cch defense just can not hold up to the offenses its put up against. I don't know if it is their coordinator or their talent level, but thats just a simple unfortunate fact.

But if it is the coordinator, then whose fault is it? You can blame players for not making plays, heck you can talk about the lack of speed and talent, but you have to get players in position to give those players a chance to make plays and that is what I don't see happening, that is putting players in position to make plays!

I have a ? why does Covington Catholic alredy have two games on major networks. On a down year and after not so great of a season last year.

This televised game isn't just about CovCath, it's about the rivalry. Year in and year out, this is one of the top games in Northern Ky. These are two programs with a great tradition and people want to see them play. Unfortunately, the last couple of years the talent level for CovCath is not what it has been in the past. Tonight, Beechwood had the better athletes and they were fun to watch. I hope all of the injured kids get back on the field quickly.

I have a question, why is it the ICN 6 doesn't cover the Highalnds vs. Cov. Cath. game on Sept. 26? It was only one of the biggest rivalry games in the tri-state. ICN 6 seems to cover all the other Highlands vs. Cov Cath. games. Why not this one? Did they know something? :confused::D

Just one more reason to not watch ICN 6 for me.:thumb:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

BTW do you think any team in the GCL is drolling to hire Coach Brossart at the moment?

Not saying they are. But Brossart is actually trying to sustain his program over the test of time by building the feeder programs. Rodenberg had a few softballs lofted up for him in his 2 years at CCH with the talent he had, with no interest in the longevity and then he bolted when he knew the talent was diluted. Heck, many would argue he should have won 2 state titles with talent he had.

No matter how you slice it, CCH is going to be a heckuva lot better in 2 years with the upcoming talent.

But if it is the coordinator, then whose fault is it? You can blame players for not making plays, heck you can talk about the lack of speed and talent, but you have to get players in position to give those players a chance to make plays and that is what I don't see happening, that is putting players in position to make plays!

The scheme that CovCath ran on offense worked great. They had recievers open all night long. The QB had a very off night. If he would have played like he did the 2nd half against NewCath, this game would have been much different. There were at least 9 overthrown balls, may be 2 were caused by pressure, the others were flat out bad throws.

I hope the young man is ok, but he had a very poor game, for the 2nd week in a row.

The defense lacks speed. Van Sant his a true stud, but beyond that there is maybe 1 or 2 kids who have the speed to compete with the top programs.

With out knowing what the d-coordinator called, you can't tell if someone blew an assignment or they were in fact in the wrong defensive set.