Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's the best winless team?

Featured Replies

Speaking of Lewis, anybody hear about their frosh game tonight vs. Russell?

 

Not for sure. I know JV beat Greenup Monday.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have before...

 

I'm sorry I misread the line where it said "It would have been an upset if they had beaten any team on their schedule". I thought it said it wouldn't have been an upset.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Not for sure. I know JV beat Greenup Monday.

 

Yeah, I heard of that, and their frosh lost on Monday vs. Greenup 20-6.

Yeah, I heard of that, and their frosh lost on Monday vs. Greenup 20-6.

 

Ok, I heard it was 20-6 Lewis. Will have to check, sorry about that.

If Fleming can go the remainder of the season without key injuries they will beat Lewis. They gave Estill all they wanted, with a key fumble-returned for a touchdown or its a different game.

Yes, it would have been an upset if they beat Mason. Didn't think that needed to be pointed out. I have nothing against Lewis, they have improved alot from last year. They would be a 3 or 4 win team at best with just about any schedule, same as West would be. How good do you really think they are? Just posting my opinion, same as you are.

I think that they should've posted at least a 4 win season but with the loss to West, that makes 3 possible, like you said. I still look for them to make it to the district playoffs by defeating East, though.

  • Author

Lawrence still sits atop this list. They have played three teams that are still undefeated. Russell is an excellent team that lost to Ashland and Boyd also lost to Ashland and Russell. So with the exception of North Laurel the Bulldogs schedule has been packed with highly ranked teams. Combine that with the fact that Lawrence only starts 2 or 3 senior total for both sides of the ball along with at least 2 freshman on offense and you have a very young team that plays hard every week but just doesn't get a chance to catch a break.

 

I've got confidence that we will win this week and turn things around. Unfortunately we still have Letcher County and Breathitt on the schedule. Those along with our two district games make for 4 more weeks of tough games.

South Oldham is pretty good- just have a brutal schedule.

I will have to agree with IROC and Mason by saying that us lewis fans are simply stating that our lions are better than their record. And Cats, if you didn't watch the game that we played Fairview then you can't make a judgement as to whether they should've beat them or not. I was there, and we should've beat them just like we should've beaten West and Powell. As goes for Fleming's team, they have been battling injuries, but the senior runningback that is injured and out for the season could've been prevented. Caleb was an asset to the Panthers football team and my heart goes out to him as this is his senior year. But injuries happen with every team, it a part of football. Can Lewis beat Fleming , sure we can!! They have to come out and play with heart and the want to that they played with during the Powell game. It would've definetly been an upset if we would've beaten Mason Co. But any other team it would not have been an upset, just a W on our record. But before you go bashing Lewis Co and their skills, they are just high school kids trying to get a Win...

 

And IMO it was an anit-lewis comment!

Edited by CCCardsFan
misspelling

:sleep:Will this thread go all the way out to week 10????:irked:

I nominate Shelby County. Played to within a TD of Johnson Central.

lawrence county.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.