Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Young/New Coach in NKY

Featured Replies

Zach Deaton at Dayton does a fine job. Kids work hard, in both the weight room and the class room. Hopefully he gets another cycle of talent like last years seniors. IMO could get a better gig if he so desired.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the term "New" and how much time that indicates, Coach Styer at Campbell County needs to be mentioned.

:thumb: I know. Just never thought I'd see the day that Hornsby went with young. :p:p:p

 

He's not that old. But I'll admit he's much older than the coaches being mentioned.:thumb:

I had the pleasure to talk to Coach Lickert during the CovCath vs. Scott game and enjoyed his conversation very much! He seems to be a educator first and then a coach and that to me is very important! Hope Holmes does well Friday night against Scott!

 

Hornsby not that old? Then I think I will change my name to "theyoungguy"! He and I both thank you! :D:lol:

Thread did not say "head" coach. So who are some assistants?

I'd have to go Trosper. Great guy, great coach, and I think he really has fun with the kids.

I'll give props to Rick Hornsby at Ludlow. His first head coaching job and he is breathing life into the Ludlow program and community. I just hope he knows that his efforts have not gone unnoticed.

 

:thumb:Glad to see Coach Hornsby doing well down at Ludlow and glad to hear that he is being well received by the community. Ludlow is a good town with a lot of very good people in it and they deserve someone with the class and character of Coach Hornsby.

I'd have to go Trosper. Great guy, great coach, and I think he really has fun with the kids.

 

I wouldnt go with Trosper, he has been a head coach for 5 going on 6 years now and won 15 games. Which averages to about 3 wins a year. 5 years is long enough to start winning more than you lose.

Thread did not say "head" coach. So who are some assistants?

 

Although he isn't "young" in age per se, but in years of coaching, I think Bellevue's D Coordinator...I think his name is Dave Pelgen(?), he has been doing a great job with the defensive down there.

 

He could probably get a head coaching position if he so desired

I wouldnt go with Trosper, he has been a head coach for 5 going on 6 years now and won 15 games. Which averages to about 3 wins a year. 5 years is long enough to start winning more than you lose.

 

It's not always the W's that makes a coach good.

It's not always the W's that makes a coach good.

 

To climb the ladder it is!!!!

I wouldnt go with Trosper, he has been a head coach for 5 going on 6 years now and won 15 games. Which averages to about 3 wins a year. 5 years is long enough to start winning more than you lose.

 

I don't think you can make a blanket statement of a certain number of years vs wins. Some schools, regardless of how good the coach is, are not going to win a lot of games for various reasons.

 

I'm not speaking about Trosper but ,rather, speaking in generalities.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.