Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Dixie Heights Predictions??

Who Wins 110 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Highlands wins handily, but with the CCH game next week I wonder if the 'Birds will be looking ahead a bit to the next week??? I wouldn't actually be surprised if the final score ends up being closer than most here are predicting. Clearly, Dixie is down this year.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
When was that? The most recent Dixie victory was several years back when they clearly had the better team. I know this wasn't the only Dixie win over the Birds, but I'm wondering how far back we have to go.

And I see this game in the 40-50 point range for HHS, single digits for Dixie, if that. I know I've only seen Dixie once, but they looked pretty limp against SK.

 

I don't remember exactly when but it was several years ago and you thought they won the dagone superbowl or something! I was very upset walking out having all those Dixie fans screaming all kinds of nasty things at us.

 

And, NO Dixie team is ever better than Highlands, not even that team, that year. I will never say another team is better than HHS!:D

  • Author
Might be such a lead they shouldn't play starters after halftime.

 

Unless HHS is up by the necessary 45 points that I believe warrants a running clock, I think they could use the practice. If we keep pulling the starters whenever the score is high at half, they will never get any conditioning or endurance for second half play when playoff time comes. I know this may trigger some reaction, but the starters need the time on the field too! Sorry if it's at someone else's expense. It's kind of the same deal with the Holmes game. Do you just want us to punt every down in the second half if we're up? Or do you want those 2's and 3's to just lay down and not play their hardest when they finally get a chance to get in there?

Unless HHS is up by the necessary 45 points that I believe warrants a running clock, I think they could use the practice. If we keep pulling the starters whenever the score is high at half, they will never get any conditioning or endurance for second half play when playoff time comes. I know this may trigger some reaction, but the starters need the time on the field too! Sorry if it's at someone else's expense. It's kind of the same deal with the Holmes game. Do you just want us to punt every down in the second half if we're up? Or do you want those 2's and 3's to just lay down and not play their hardest when they finally get a chance to get in there?

 

Your point about the starters needing the game experience is particularly true when you consider the O line. With 4 out of 5 new starters on the O line, its very crucial for them to get as much playing time together as a unit as possible. I'm sure we'll see a lot of stunting down the road. In order to be effective picking up those stunts, they have to play together a lot and gain experience. There probably is no group of players that need to work together to become extremely good than the O line.

  • Author

I completely agree LN! They are great players but are still young and need some experience to get even better.

Tom will be waving his towel again. The Birds by a score of 42-14, if not worse.

  • Author

Wish I could be there to see it! I'll be looking for the white flag all the way from Toledo! This work thing is really getting in the way of my football obsession!

When was that? The most recent Dixie victory was several years back when they clearly had the better team. I know this wasn't the only Dixie win over the Birds, but I'm wondering how far back we have to go.

And I see this game in the 40-50 point range for HHS, single digits for Dixie, if that. I know I've only seen Dixie once, but they looked pretty limp against SK.

 

I think that before that Dixie win over Highlands a few years back, it had been twenty plus years since Dixie had a win over Highlands.

History dictates that it hasn't been enough years for Dixie to win another so I'm going with Highlands in this one.:thumb:

When was that? The most recent Dixie victory was several years back when they clearly had the better team. I know this wasn't the only Dixie win over the Birds, but I'm wondering how far back we have to go.
It was a 21-14 overtime loss in 2002.

 

The last Dixie win prior to that was a 27-7 win in 1973.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

Edited by Birdsfan

HHS wins the football game. Dixie wins battle of the concession stand, hands down:thumb:

I'll take a good football team over a good cheesesteak sandwich any Friday night!:p

I'll take a good football team over a good cheesesteak sandwich any Friday night!:p

 

On the other hand, Saturday is a different story...

Highlands by a bunch.

Highlands in a blow out.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.