$4.59 gas in Louisville this AM

miragesmack

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had 5 phone calls before 1000am to get gas. I felt it was one of the internet rumors and dismissed it. I pulled out of work and saw th egas had went up .40 cents in 6 hours.

WKYT is reporting that the concern over IKE is causing this, however, Gustav didn't cause this panic and surge in gas. I heard that Richmond and Lexington gas stations were all but shutdown because they've run out of gas and it is over $5.50 a gallon there. Can anyone confirm that in that area, it is real hard to believe.

My roommate was out this morning and said that the gas stations were at $3.89. They're nowhere near $5.50 or shut down. This is in richmond btw.

The Marathon in Richmond next to EKU's campus always has the cheapest gas in town, and when I drove by at lunch there were at least 40-50 cars lined up waiting.......so many that there were police officers directing people in and out of lines to the pumps since major roads were being blocked. :rolleyes:

Gas was $3.68 at that station while I didn't see it anywhere else higher than 3.89....

Apparently they are in Pikeville too... I'm at work so I haven't seen it, but I heard that it's almost impossible to get into the open stations, and that lots of them are already running out of gas.

Luckily I had a hunch yesterday and filled my little car up.

Well...I am babysitting and not really interested in going out in the rain. I have to leave at 5:30, I am sure that's right as this huge increase will hit...rush hour on a friday. Oh well. I wont be filling all the way up or I will be broke if its at $5.50 when I leave hahahaha.

The Marathon in Richmond next to EKU's campus always has the cheapest gas in town, and when I drove by at lunch there were at least 40-50 cars lined up waiting.......so many that there were police officers directing people in and out of lines to the pumps since major roads were being blocked. :rolleyes:

Gas was $3.68 at that station while I didn't see it anywhere else higher than 3.89....

I just drove by there a few minutes ago and it was still backed up down the sidewalk. :lol:

They had taken the sign down and it just read $3.__ with nothing there, so I'm sure they were raising the prices as people were pumping.

I got mine for $3.85 at the Marathon next to Hampton Inn.

$3.99 in Barbourville at both the Shell and the Chevron. Both have long lines out onto 25E. I have heard of a couple and seen one little rural grocery two-pump store at $4.59. What's amazing is that there are several cars lined up there also.

I may be the only person in Knox County without gas this weekend or I may have to pay $10.00 a gallon for it, but I refuse to wait in line to pay $4.00 a gallon for gasoline.

I think its funny how people freak out about it. If you need gas you will get it, if you don't want to pay the price, oh well, then don't drive. I live in NKY and FF is out working and he said the prices are 3.89-3.99 but there aren't crazy lines or panic out there.

I think its funny how people freak out about it. If you need gas you will get it, if you don't want to pay the price, oh well, then don't drive. I live in NKY and FF is out working and he said the prices are 3.89-3.99 but there aren't crazy lines or panic out there.

Live in NKY and just came back from lunch and passed 4-5 stations , very few cars in them. Gas was $3.74- $3.89.