Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brady tore both ACL, MCL in left knee

Featured Replies

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3579495

 

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady tore both the ACL and MCL in his left knee, but medical tests showed no damage to other knee ligaments and no torn cartilage, The Boston Globe reported Wednesday.

 

If it has already been posted then please delete.

So it sounds like he shouldn't be missing any of next year then.

So it sounds like he shouldn't be missing any of next year then.

 

I've heard they can't fix the ACL until the MCL is healed up. So it could be a while before he's healthy.

I've heard they can't fix the ACL until the MCL is healed up. So it could be a while before he's healthy.

 

That's bizarre, I have never heard anything like that. I have no clue if it's true or not, you may be right

 

Also surprised he didn't tear the meniscus, those three normally go together.

Anyone hearing if this is career threatening taking in account his age? He is about 33 right?

I thought he was like 29?

 

I'm surprised the meniscous didn't go as well, when I tore my ACL, both the medial and lateral meniscus went with it, of course mine bowed out and not in, maybe that had something to do with it?

Nevermind we are both wrong, he's 31!

That's bizarre, I have never heard anything like that. I have no clue if it's true or not, you may be right

 

Also surprised he didn't tear the meniscus, those three normally go together.

 

I wonder if the swelling might keep it from being obvious if there is an injury to the meniscus as well?

I wonder if the swelling might keep it from being obvious if there is an injury to the meniscus as well?

 

If there's more damage they'll find it when they get in there!

I wonder if the swelling might keep it from being obvious if there is an injury to the meniscus as well?

That's possible. Obviously, they wouldn't operate if he was still all swelled up. I am not sure of the effect on a MRI.

I've heard they can't fix the ACL until the MCL is healed up. So it could be a while before he's healthy.

 

I am pretty sure this is the same exact thing Carson did and he did it in the playoffs... I see no reason why he isn't back week 1 next year.

 

I was hearing he tore all 4... I am relieved it wasn't a full house tear.

Have the Patriots released their memorial patch design for the rest of the year yet?

They let the MCL heal on it's own before they fix the ACL...that typically takes 4-6 weeks. Brady should be back for the 2009 season opener if that's all there is and there's no setbacks.

Have the Patriots released their memorial patch design for the rest of the year yet?

 

Funny you should mention that because when I heard this update on TV, I was stunned. I was surprised of course because I thought Tom Brady was dead. I didn't realize he was actually alive and well and might very well play next year.

 

I'm actually even more surprised the NFL hasn't canceled the rest of the season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.