Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby Smith Is All Class

Featured Replies

I must admit that while I wasn't in favor of Smith's coaching style, he is a great person. He actually told Daniel Orton's father that UK and Gillispie are great. How classy is that? Tubby has earned a whole new respect in my book.

But he also told his dad that he and Minnesota were better. :lol::lol:

 

 

 

Seriously, I've known that for years now. He's also a great coach.

  • Author
But he also told his dad that he and Minnesota were better. :lol::lol:

 

 

 

Seriously, I've known that for years now. He's also a great coach.

 

I'll agree that he's a really good coach. He just doesn't coach a style that many UK fans can adore.

I don't think there has ever been any question about his character, it's just been the job he did while coaching in March those last few years, recruiting, etc. No, I don't want to open THAT can of worms, I'm just saying. : )

 

I'm looking forward to all the Gopher basketball scores getting posted in a couple months, maybe the negativity won't be as bad this year. :lol:

There is no doubt about Tubby Smith as a person. A stand up guy who goes about his business the right way.

Some call it classy, I call it stupid. If selling your former school to top prospects is being classy then there's no room for it in college basketball, imo. Give me somebody who's ruthless. Give me somebody who actually cares. And people wondered why Tubs couldn't recruit.

Some call it classy, I call it stupid. If selling your former school to top prospects is being classy then there's no room for it in college basketball, imo. Give me somebody who's ruthless. Give me somebody who actually cares. And people wondered why Tubs couldn't recruit.

 

You have to remember who he is directing in life, college kids. I'd rather have 15 top class individuals graduate than 15 ruthless thugs graduating giving my college (UK) a bad name. I'll pull for Tubby anyday.

You have to remember who he is directing in life, college kids. I'd rather have 15 top class individuals graduate than 15 ruthless thugs graduating giving my college (UK) a bad name. I'll pull for Tubby anyday.

 

AMEN! :thumb:

You have to remember who he is directing in life, college kids. I'd rather have 15 top class individuals graduate than 15 ruthless thugs graduating giving my college (UK) a bad name. I'll pull for Tubby anyday.

 

How about 8 thugs, 7 top class individuals and a national championship:D

I have always liked Tubby Smith, And will always pull for him no matter what. The past is the past, Let it go.

A tremendous coach, a great person, a classy person!

You have to remember who he is directing in life, college kids. I'd rather have 15 top class individuals graduate than 15 ruthless thugs graduating giving my college (UK) a bad name. I'll pull for Tubby anyday.

 

:thumb: You do that, I'd rather hang up banners.

You have to remember who he is directing in life, college kids. I'd rather have 15 top class individuals graduate than 15 ruthless thugs graduating giving my college (UK) a bad name. I'll pull for Tubby anyday.

 

:thumb: Tubby is a great guy.

Some call it classy, I call it stupid. If selling your former school to top prospects is being classy then there's no room for it in college basketball, imo. Give me somebody who's ruthless. Give me somebody who actually cares. And people wondered why Tubs couldn't recruit.

 

It is classy. IF a guy is considering UK he probably is not considering Minnesota.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.