Woodson Cut

I know a lot of people criticized Mike Martz and the Sr. Bowl experiment, but Woodson just had a lot of flaws. He had a slow deliver and messed up mechanics. While I will always be greatful to him for what he acheived at UK and hope he is picked up by another team, I truly question his ability to ever play in the NFL.

Woodson just never seemed to do enough apparently. The Giants also needed to sign a kicker to hold on to incase Tynes isn't healthy when the season starts, so that hurt his chances. They decided keeping two QB's was the better option that way they could have more depth elsewhere, which IMO isn't a bad idea.

I keep thinking about how much Andre Woodson struggled early in his career at UK. I honestly think he's a slow learner/developer who needs quite a bit of experience to show improvement. Being on the squad team or playing in Canada might be the best thing for him. I think he can potentially be an NFL backup and maybe play some, but he's a couple years away.

Same thing I argued with HB about after the draft, Giants just aren't the situation for Woodson. Way too many QB's in line with play experience for him to come in and get a spot. I hope he ends up on someones squad.

The Giants only kept 2 QB's. I am not sure if he just didn't display a lot of potential or what...

That's what suprises me. That's kind of rolling the dice in the NFL.

A few teams are doing it. Anthony Wright was injured in pre-season and when he played he looked bad. Woodson didn't look great either, but I thought they'd keep him as a project. I'm guessing they hope he clears waivers so that they can add him to their PS.

Needing to sign John Carney as a temporary kicker probably hurt Woodsons chances. Carney will only be around long enough to get Tynes healthy though.