• Subway
    • Jimmy John's
    • Quiznos
    • Firehouse
    • Penn Station
    • Jersey Mike's
    • Blimpie
    • Other (specify)

Okay, we just had the Subway thread, but I'm wondering what the general BGP population thinks about the various sub restaurants?

What's your favorite?

Mine has to be Jimmy John's. Nothing hits the spot like a Gargantuan with BBQ chips and a chocolate chip cookie.

If your favorite sub place isn't listed above, specify below.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penn Station are good but you gotta take out a loan application to get fed there. Very high prices but very good. Love the Chicken Teryiaki.

Yeah, thats true.

Most sub places are high though. I always feel a little odd about paying 8-10 dollars for a sandwich I could make at home for half the price.

I'm a Penn Station Club kind of guy if I eat there though. The fries are pretty great there too.

Penn Station is great, hard to beat it especially with its sides such as fries. However, I had to cast my vote for Jimmy Johns. You cannot beat a sub place that delivers into the wee hours of the night, and as someone alluded to the Gargantuan with some Jimmy chips hits the spot, especially when you only have to move from the couch to the door to get it. :thumb:

Penn Station is great, hard to beat it especially with its sides such as fries. However, I had to cast my vote for Jimmy Johns. You cannot beat a sub place that delivers into the wee hours of the night, and as someone alluded to the Gargantuan with some Jimmy chips hits the spot, especially when you only have to move from the couch to the door to get it. :thumb:

Jimmyjohns sandwiches are pretty dry and the bread is bland. I will eat just about anything but I pass on these guys.

By the way, the Fries at Penn Station are just so awful for you. The fat content in those is off the charts.

Best fries I have ever had probably goes to C and Bull restaraunt in Covington's Maintrasse.

Jimmyjohns sandwiches are pretty dry and the bread is bland.

I don't know which Jimmy John's you're ordering from, I have never had a "dry" sandwich from JJ's.

The one I just ate today left my hands covered in oil from the Italian dressing.

As for the bread, maybe it's not your style. Personally, I will go in there just to buy the day olds and make my own sandwiches with them. Love the stuff.