Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands/Male Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Looking foward to making the trip to Louisville to watch two great programs kickoff another season. Should be fun!!!!!

  • Replies 93
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be a great test for the Birds and really expose our weaknesses and strengths. From everything I've read and been told, Male is going to be very good this year. Last year, the had some problems with line play. I'm told that will not be the case this year. With Justin Green on the team and a decent O line, I look for our young but talented D to really be put to the test. And with no disrespect to Beechwood, the speed and quickness to be found on Male's D is really going to be an eye opener for our young but talented O line. With Ryle moving to a system favoring smaller, quicker players, this will be a great scrimmage to prepare us for our opener next week. Looking forward to the trip.

I look forward to seeing how the Birds handle Male this year. It's always a good measure of where the team stands; and it's always a war between these two great teams!

 

This looks to be another great year for the Birds. As always, there will be a lot of talk on here about the team -- both positive and negative. There weren't many negative observations last year, because there was little need for them. Those that were made, were constructive and right on point.

 

There's always room for improvement (even for the best team in the state) and no one should feel threatened or offended by others' views or constructive criticism. The opportunity to discuss our views on the pros and cons of our favorite team is what makes BGP such a great place. :thumb:

 

Can't wait for the season to get started for real! :ylsuper:

 

Go Birds!

I look forward to seeing how the Birds handle Male this year. It's always a good measure of where the team stands; and it's always a war between these two great teams!

 

This looks to be another great year for the Birds. As always, there will be a lot of talk on here about the team -- both positive and negative. There weren't many negative observations last year, because there was little need for them. Those that were made, were constructive and right on point.

 

There's always room for improvement (even for the best team in the state) and no one should feel threatened or offended by others' views or constructive criticism. The opportunity to discuss our views on the pros and cons of our favorite team is what makes BGP such a great place. :thumb:

 

Can't wait for the season to get started for real! :ylsuper:

 

Go Birds!

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I look forward to seeing how the Birds handle Male this year. It's always a good measure of where the team stands; and it's always a war between these two great teams!

 

This looks to be another great year for the Birds. As always, there will be a lot of talk on here about the team -- both positive and negative. There weren't many negative observations last year, because there was little need for them. Those that were made, were constructive and right on point.

 

There's always room for improvement (even for the best team in the state) and no one should feel threatened or offended by others' views or constructive criticism. The opportunity to discuss our views on the pros and cons of our favorite team is what makes BGP such a great place. :thumb:

 

Can't wait for the season to get started for real! :ylsuper:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Birds!

 

Sure they were. You just keep telling yourself that. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure they were. You just keep telling yourself that. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You just keep telling yourself that constructive discussion is the boogie man. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

 

The good players...smart players...players worth their uniforms, take their instruction and motivation from their coach, their team mates, and themselves. Can't say it simpler than that. :thumb:

 

 

Ahh...now it feels like football season! :D

You just keep telling yourself that constructive discussion is the boogie man. :rolleyes::lol::lol:

 

The good players...smart players...players worth their uniforms, take their instruction and motivation from their coach, their team mates, and themselves. Can't say it simpler than that. :thumb:

 

 

Ahh...now it feels like football season! :D

 

At least you got the bolded part right.:thumb:

 

As for the rest, well :rolleyes: right back at you my friend. :D

When is this scrimmage? Who of the Bird Brains are coming to the Ville?

When is this scrimmage? Who of the Bird Brains are coming to the Ville?

 

Friday night, 7, at Male. Unless it rains a whole lot in the Ville on Friday, then it wouldn't surprise me for Coach Redman to want to move it to Ft. Thomas in order for him to protect his grass field (then again, given the price of gas, maybe not:D). I think there is a pretty good crowd coming down. I'm sure Henry and I will be there, as will Boom, Sweeper, Family Tradition, Bird Hustle, NC Bird and RoadRunner I believe. Recommendations for a tail gating location would be sincerely appreciated and yes, of course, you are more than welcome to attend. :ylsuper:

As for the rest, well :rolleyes: right back at you my friend. :D
I would expect nothing less. :thumb:

 

If we didn't argue all through football season, the locals might report one of us as a missing person. :cool:

I would expect nothing less. :thumb:

 

If we didn't argue all through football season, the locals might report one of us as a missing person. :cool:

 

 

Agreed. :thumb:

 

Now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast, or at least the discussion about Highlands and Male.

 

I've heard a lot about Male's improvement on the O and D lines this year. What size and experience does Male have on its lines?

Does anyone know what the format will be?

Friday night, 7, at Male. Unless it rains a whole lot in the Ville on Friday, then it wouldn't surprise me for Coach Redman to want to move it to Ft. Thomas in order for him to protect his grass field (then again, given the price of gas, maybe not:D). I think there is a pretty good crowd coming down. I'm sure Henry and I will be there, as will Boom, Sweeper, Family Tradition, Bird Hustle, NC Bird and RoadRunner I believe. Recommendations for a tail gating location would be sincerely appreciated and yes, of course, you are more than welcome to attend. :ylsuper:

 

Have Henry call me or I'll call her with some details.

Does anyone know what the format will be?

 

 

BF, for as many years back as I can remember (stop with the 50-jokes already), the varsity have played a true game format.

Have Henry call me or I'll call her with some details.

 

Will do, although I'm sure she'll see your post.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.