Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Saint X/Fern Creek Scrimmage

Featured Replies

This was also without Deuce playing. Looks like the depth at the RB position is outstanding.

 

What is wrong with Deuce?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ I've heard a knee injury, but not sure if it is the same knee as before.

How did the X's QB's perform? Heard Buehner may be alittle quicker and accurate with the pass than Brucster. Is this true? Would love to watch X vs Ballard again, like last year. If Ballard ran their QB last year, X would have started with an 0-1 record. Sounds like Curtis needs to go back to the drawing board.

The starting QB's name is Matt Brutscher. At 50-6, I guess the QB's were allright. Like the Packers, sometimes quicker and more accurate doesn't always mean the starter. As to Ballard last year, X was missing a whole bunch of defensive starters so maybe they could of won.

 

Ballard's job was open at the end of the year-did you apply?

One has to take these comments with a lot of salt. But I must say that they are funny and really show peoples true motive ie)

 

When one poster says they are "really interested" in the score of the X/FC scrimmage due in part to the highly touted FC team...

 

After the score is posted...

 

Same poster says that FC is basically weak and they have no talent...

 

 

Come on folks, lets keep it on the postive side.

 

:lol::lol::lol:

How about we keep it on the thread topic side, and not each other, or some people will not have to worry about what he said she said.

How does the receiving corp look after the departure of Simms, Brinkman, etc.? Will Esterle get much PT at TE? Thx.

One cant really expect X to use the tight end for a major threat. Some things stay the same for a long time. One might want to cover that guy just in case. I would not anticipate that the speed is as good this year as it was last.

What is wrong with Craig Brutscher why was he sitting out. How much did each QB play against the Creekers. When was Duece hurt, was it during the game or at practice, and how long before he returns to the field.

The starting QB's name is Matt Brutscher. At 50-6, I guess the QB's were allright. Like the Packers, sometimes quicker and more accurate doesn't always mean the starter. As to Ballard last year, X was missing a whole bunch of defensive starters so maybe they could of won.

 

Ballard's job was open at the end of the year-did you apply?

 

No I didn't apply. I have no real knowledge of the game besides stats. As I know, you are very good at stats. 50-6 seems lopsided but doesn't always tell the real story. Good luck this season.

What is wrong with Craig Brutscher why was he sitting out. How much did each QB play against the Creekers. When was Duece hurt, was it during the game or at practice, and how long before he returns to the field.

3OAK- I have been told that Craig has a neck injury, how serious I don't know or if holding him out was precautionary. I hope that it clears because CB is a big part of replacing the 4 LBs from last year. I have no info on the Deuce injury but was told that the backups ran well including lacrosse All-American Chase Carraro who committed to Denver University to play Lacrosse this summer. I learned that Devontae Beach-FB is the brother of former St X RB K J Austin-Bruce who is getting his masters degree in Washington DC area. He is a great example of the type of student athlete produced at St X and is a product of the Hikes Point Lobos. He is a much a superstar as a person as he was on the field. ( I am not saying that other schools don't produce student athletes- i e Eric Senn_THS, Daniel Bracken-FC. I am making the comment that KJ Austin-Bruce was a special person.) Devontae will be a beast and may be the difference maker for his blocking ability this year.

Edited by jimmyref

Jimmy, you're on the money with your comments about Devontae Beach. He's a quality individual, student and athlete. I didn't know he and KJ were brothers. He can be a devastating lead blocker.

He also played the Mike linebacker spot in the scrimmage due to Brutcher being out.

How did the X's QB's perform? Heard Buehner may be alittle quicker and accurate with the pass than Brucster. Is this true? Would love to watch X vs Ballard again, like last year. If Ballard ran their QB last year, X would have started with an 0-1 record. Sounds like Curtis needs to go back to the drawing board.

 

Brutcher looked good, as did Buehner. Brutcher is a more natural drop back passer. But he did show good wheels on the first drive by scrambling for about 25 yds on 3rd down. He reminds me a little of former X QB Denny Moorman, very poised and a good decision maker. Buehner looked good as well. It's nice to know our offense shouldn't miss a beat if Brutcher goes down.

Apparently Coach Higgins has taken over a FC program that will need lots of time to develop into a threat. Hopefully their QB can appear in every game this season. Sounds like he may be running for cover much of the time.

Brutcher looked good, as did Buehner. Brutcher is a more natural drop back passer. But he did show good wheels on the first drive by scrambling for about 25 yds on 3rd down. He reminds me a little of former X QB Denny Moorman, very poised and a good decision maker. Buehner looked good as well. It's nice to know our offense shouldn't miss a beat if Brutcher goes down.

 

How, if at all, does the Brohm kid fit into the QB mix? I know the Tigers will be tough as nails, as usual.

3OAK- I have been told that Craig has a neck injury, how serious I don't know or if holding him out was precautionary. I hope that it clears because CB is a big part of replacing the 4 LBs from last year. I have no info on the Deuce injury but was told that the backups ran well including lacrosse All-American Chase Carraro who committed to Denver University to play Lacrosse this summer. I learned that Devontae Beach-FB is the brother of former St X RB K J Austin-Bruce who is getting his masters degree in Washington DC area. He is a great example of the type of student athlete produced at St X and is a product of the Hikes Point Lobos. He is a much a superstar as a person as he was on the field. ( I am not saying that other schools don't produce student athletes- i e Eric Senn_THS, Daniel Bracken-FC. I am making the comment that KJ Austin-Bruce was a special person.) Devontae will be a beast and may be the difference maker for his blocking ability this year.

 

KJ's little brother is a freshman. I do not think Beach is related to KJ. Aldo Devonte played for Highview and Jim Beard.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.