Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Somerset/North Laurel Scrimmage

Featured Replies

How do you think this srimmage will go tonight?

  • Author
Tell you when I get back.......

 

Thank you. :thumb:

How did the scrimmage go for the Jumpers?

Somerset's QB looked to have good size and a good spiral with some speed. Somerset has 2 quick receivers. Their defense looked a little sketchy at times, they played a NG to be around 5'5 120 lbs. Overall I think they will have a good season. What grade is the QB?

Somerset's QB looked to have good size and a good spiral with some speed. Somerset has 2 quick receivers. Their defense looked a little sketchy at times, they played a NG to be around 5'5 120 lbs. Overall I think they will have a good season. What grade is the QB?

 

Until they lose, I still think Somerset has to be the district favorite.

Somerset's NG (Dotson I believe is his last name) is a tough cookie. I was very impressed with his motor and effort despite being outsized.

 

I believe the QB is a Senior. He came in against Belfry in the State Quarters last year and played tough despite the constant pressure he was facing and a couple brutal hits. Showed alot of guts and impressed me more than their starter to be honest.

Somerset's NG (Dotson I believe is his last name) is a tough cookie. I was very impressed with his motor and effort despite being outsized.

 

I believe the QB is a Senior. He came in against Belfry in the State Quarters last year and played tough despite the constant pressure he was facing and a couple brutal hits. Showed alot of guts and impressed me more than their starter to be honest.

 

I think the nose guard's name is Jordan Coleman. The quarterback's name is Scott Spears and he's a senior. I was out of town and didn't get to see the scrimmage so we'll have to get a report from Jumper Dad to be sure.

How did North Laurel look tonight?

 

IMO, not very good. Defense struggled early on with Somerset's speed, but adjusted a bit as the scrimmage went on. The offense looked worse than the defense. Steven White looked good the few times he ran the ball. I think he's been nursing an injury. They were also playing without starting center Timmy Wampler. I'm wondering if NL's OC didn't want to show much to the opposing coaches that were present.

I think the nose guard's name is Jordan Coleman. The quarterback's name is Scott Spears and he's a senior. I was out of town and didn't get to see the scrimmage so we'll have to get a report from Jumper Dad to be sure.

 

Coleman sounds right to me, I read on another board that he has Pike County roots so I knew it was either Dotson, Varney, or Coleman... HAHA

I'm wondering if NL's OC didn't want to show much to the opposing coaches that were present.

 

:thumb:That would be the smart money.

:thumb:That would be the smart money.

 

I don't undersrtand this thinking. I think working on the things that you do against a quality opponent would far outweigh any other possible benefit. I also think that a confident team is more important than any possible element of suprise.

 

I'm no coach, but that is my opinion.

There was a large contingent from South Laurel there watching the game last night, many fans and it looked like a few coaches.

 

Somerset played good on offensive side of the ball in spots. Looks like we may have quite a few play makers at receiver this year. Nelson made some nice catches early and Bastin and Wilson showed some play making skills. Running the ball Jackson ran hard and was a load to bring down like we knew he would be and Troxtell showed some toughness turning up on a few runs lowering his shoulder and hitting the hole hard. Spears is throwing the ball really well, looks much better that last year. I think a lot of people will be surprised by the overall speed of the Somerset team. As far as the nose guard being undersized, well ask opposing coaches how much his speed inside causes problems. North had some good looking long runs later on the the scrimmage. I missed quite a bit of the early scrimmage due to watching the JC over at the practice field.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.