Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pike County Bowl?

Featured Replies

Where is the Corbin/Pikeville game played? Pikeville or Pike County Central? Also are the teams getting to wear their good jerseys or those cheap looking practice jerseys they wore last year?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read on here that the Pike County Bowl will be played at Shelby Valley and at Pikeville.

The Pikeville/Corbin game will bet at Pikeville. The jersey's will be those "Cheap looking practice jerseys" as Community Trust Bank provides those jerseys free to the teams, saves wear and tear on regular jersey's and gives each team a practice jersey for future use as well. Pretty nice gesture I think, to trade aesthetics for one game to save the schools a little money.

Phelps/Pike Central & Pikeville/Corbin will be at the Hambley Athletic Complex in Pikeville like every year.

 

Shelby Valley/East Ridge & Belfry/Lou. Holy Cross will be at Cam Stadium.

 

And yes, I'd say that each team will be wearing the cheap jersey's again.

Phelps/Pike Central & Pikeville/Corbin will be at the Hambley Athletic Complex in Pikeville like every year.

 

Shelby Valley/East Ridge & Belfry/Lou. Holy Cross will be at Cam Stadium.

 

And yes, I'd say that each team will be wearing the cheap jersey's again.

 

The Valle/East Ridge and Belfry/HC game is at Valley on Friday night.

The Pikeville/Corbin game will bet at Pikeville. The jersey's will be those "Cheap looking practice jerseys" as Community Trust Bank provides those jerseys free to the teams, saves wear and tear on regular jersey's and gives each team a practice jersey for future use as well. Pretty nice gesture I think, to trade aesthetics for one game to save the schools a little money.

 

That's a pretty cool idea. As long as the numbers are readable, they are serving their purpose.

That's a pretty cool idea. As long as the numbers are readable, they are serving their purpose.

 

They are... its just basically all you get is a solid color jersey with a contrasted solid color number....in years past CTB also put the PCB logo on each shoulder, don't know if they still do that, but it made for a keepsake for the players.

  • Author

It is a good gesture. I wasn't trying to downgrade it but I guess that's about the best way to describe it.

It is a good gesture. It would be even better if Belfry was given more than fifty jerseys. They have to pay for the rest of them, which is usually around thirty more. I guess it is better than nothing though.

It is a good gesture. It would be even better if Belfry was given more than fifty jerseys. They have to pay for the rest of them, which is usually around thirty more. I guess it is better than nothing though.

 

I would say that Belfry could come with the money pretty easily. I think they recieve a nice check from it too.

I would say that Belfry could come with the money pretty easily. I think they recieve a nice check from it too.

Every school in Pike County gets an equal share from the profits from this game, but it isn't a large amount of money and Belfry doesn't get any more than anyone else.

Every school in Pike County gets an equal share from the profits from this game, but it isn't a large amount of money and Belfry doesn't get any more than anyone else.

 

I understand that but I don't think that Belfry is hurting for money in there football program, so I don't think that it would hurt them to spend a little money on a practice jersey.

I understand that but I don't think that Belfry is hurting for money in there football program, so I don't think that it would hurt them to spend a little money on a practice jersey.

 

I think you are missing the point. We're not just talking about a basic practice jersey.

 

Community Trust Bank provides game jerseys for each team to wear during the PCB each year. It is a part of the PCB package. However, they only send Belfry 50, according to CowboyUp. This then foces Belfry to purchase the additional 30 just for their players to wear for one game.

 

Can Belfry afford the additional cost (maybe $500?) for the jerseys? I guess they can find the money, but whether they can afford it isn't the point. It's an inequality and that money could be better used elsewhere.

 

Community Trust Bank and the PCB Committee have done a lot of good for the schools in Pike County over the years with the proceeds of the Pike County Bowl, and they deserve credit. I'm not bashing them because overall they do a great job. This is just one small thing they need to fix in the interest of fairness.

They (PCB Committe) also need to step in and leave the games at Pikeville and/or Belfry.

They (PCB Committe) also need to step in and leave the games at Pikeville and/or Belfry.

 

I have heard some grumblings from the Belfry fanbase that the underlying plan for the PCB this year is to only attend the Belfry/Holy Cross game and to not buy any concessions during the game. This all comes in response to the abrupt decision to take the game away from Belfry and move to SV. Not quite sure if I agree with this or not, but it is very hard to say this is not justifiable.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.