PrepNation 101 has Trinity ranked #15 in the Nation...

Congrats to Trinity! I know a lot of people here on BGP don't give a lick about these mythical national rankings (and for understandable reasons) but come on, it is a big deal. Many people here talk about the lack of respect given to KY prep football from other states (notably Ohio)... well, in order to do something about that our state's best programs need to get this kind of national attention and make good on it. Also, congrats to Trinity for taking on Cincy Saint X! Another good game between these two (just like last year) or heck, even a win (which is certainly a possibility) will most definitely earn some respect for this state.

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Good luck to your BIRDS as well.:thumb:

The lack of respect from OH if you want to call it that is because Trinity and X don't play Cincy/OH teams that often. You ask the power teams over in Cincy and a small portion will know who Trinity is, I don't think anyone will know who Lou X is.

But on the flipside, almost all of the Cincy power teams know who Highlands and CovCath are. Sure they are closer in distance, but one of them will make what seems like an annual apperance across the river, and it doesn't just have to be with a strong class of seniors.

Trinity and X need to be more visible up north if they want more recognition from them.

First of all, I am happy when teams in Kentucky get national rankings. It helps the whole state.

Secondly, I spend some time in Cincy and everyone I speak to about high school sports knows about Trinity and Louisville St. X. I am sure that because Cov Cath and Highlands are so close to Cincy, that that is a factor here; but don't minimized Trinity and Louisville X traveling to Cincy to play. Kentukcy football is improving in leaps and bounds, but also respect and give credit to the quality programs and history of high school football in Cincy.

The lack of respect from OH if you want to call it that is because Trinity and X don't play Cincy/OH teams that often. You ask the power teams over in Cincy and a small portion will know who Trinity is, I don't think anyone will know who Lou X is.

But on the flipside, almost all of the Cincy power teams know who Highlands and CovCath are. Sure they are closer in distance, but one of them will make what seems like an annual apperance across the river, and it doesn't just have to be with a strong class of seniors.

Trinity and X need to be more visible up north if they want more recognition from them.

Who cares what the schools in Ohio know or don't know about Trinity or X?

Congrats to Trinity! I know a lot of people here on BGP don't give a lick about these mythical national rankings (and for understandable reasons) but come on, it is a big deal. Many people here talk about the lack of respect given to KY prep football from other states (notably Ohio)... well, in order to do something about that our state's best programs need to get this kind of national attention and make good on it. Also, congrats to Trinity for taking on Cincy Saint X! Another good game between these two (just like last year) or heck, even a win (which is certainly a possibility) will most definitely earn some respect for this state.

Well put JB! :thumb: I am one of those who could care less about a ranking. However, I do think it is cool for Trinity to be recognized among these other top schools.

Rankings mean that someone out there has taken notice of what a program has accomplished and what that program is expected to do in the near future. I am sure that Trinity accepts the compliment but really could care less about this or any other ranking.

Rankings mean that someone out there has taken notice of what a program has accomplished and what that program is expected to do in the near future. I am sure that Trinity accepts the compliment but really could care less about this or any other ranking.

CC

I think that is very aptly stated.:thumb: